This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

What A Weekend!

Sorry if this ends up being a long one...this has been a very busy weekend! And, it appears things are not going to slow down at least not for another week or so.

My son Nathan has his first girlfriend, his first crush (Lacy)! He is so shy, it is cute. The kids in our area did not have school Friday or Monday for Memorial Day so Lacy and my sister, Katie, came over on Friday to hang out. Friday night we decided to go to the movies. The kids ended up going to see Over the Hedge.














Katie and I went to see the Da Vinci Code. I can see why there is so much controversy surrounding it. The movie was very well done! Some parts were hard to take, but for the most part I enjoyed the film. :)

Saturday I spent 2 hours with my personal trainer (let me tell you how sore I was the next day) and then I took Nathan and a couple of his friends to the WWE Wrestlemania Raw at the Toyota center in Kennewick. It was pretty cool! I am SO not into wrestling at all, but a business associate of my mom's owns one of the box suites so they gave it to us for the event. The kids of course thought it was the coolest thing in the world, to be in your own suite up above the crowd, own personal waitress, nice comfy couches....they were in heaven! Plus it is a total boy thing to do...the wrestling that is.

Sunday we spent the day at my parents house helping them go through clothes! We will be busy helping them pack all week. My parents closed on their home today and get to pick up the keys to the house tomorrow morning so I am not sure when they will actually start to move things in, but I know they are getting pretty anxious. This house is perfect for them and since it is the last house they will purchase they wanted it to be everything they have wanted in a home (and I am pretty sure it is). Sunday night of course was also my night for my Avonex injection. I was willing to put it off a night to help do more packing on Monday, but my parents felt it was more important for me to do my injection! I'm sure they are right.



GOOD TIMES (CHIC)
BestAudioCodes.com

It has been nice to feel like a normal (or semi-normal) functioning person again. I had a lot of fun going out to the different events and hanging out with my family, especially with my son! Things have been so tense lately. It seems like he has been so angry about everything lately, that this was a nice change. :) I am tired....between the MS and all of my other health concerns, the fatigue never really gets a break. I know.....there are a few of you out there thinking to yourselves right now "Don't over do yourself, don't use up too many spoons" but the thing of it is, I would gladly over do myself and use up all my spoons and then sleep the whole next day (or more days) if I could have the quality time with my son where we get along and just have fun like we use to, like we did this weekend! Where we are not having to think about my health, about my MS. Granted...come Sunday, reality hit and I had to do my injection and we were once again faced with my MS, but we were able to continue a level of quality time that was nice even with the MS. He just seemed to be okay. He suggested we have a Mommy & Nathan night where we hung out in my room and watched a movie (Cheaper by the Dozen 2). He even camped out (literally, got his sleeping bag) in my room. Since he did not have school on Monday he went to hang out with his friends so I could recover. It worked out pretty well.

Today is Tuesday and I am still pretty tired. I seem to be getting more used to my injections in the fact that I am not having flu symptoms and the chills are few and far between. I am still having some headaches and pain, but increasing my ibuprophen seems to be helping. The worst of it now seems to be the fatigue. I am not sure if there will ever be a cure for that! Since I have been stuck in bed over the last couple of days (while I recover from my injection) I have started to watch the first season of 24! Oh my! What a show! This year was the first year I have watched 24 and I am totally hooked. So, I have gone to get the other seasons, and I have taken the last few days to watch the first season. I am almost done with it!

I am meeting with my personal trainer again tomorrow! Nathan has two doctor's appointments this week and there is lots of packing and moving to do (for my parents). I am sure I will be around, but the posts may be limited. I hope that you are all doing well. Have a good week! Take care. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey lovey-
Wanted to peek in and say hi. I'm glad you are feeling better. I hear you on the fatigue. I do the the same thing, when I feel good I overdue it then I'm down for the count for a day or so. Oh, well. I remember something about an old dog and some new tricks? LOL. Anyway, take care!

Jaime said...

Hey Michelle~

Great to hear from you! I know that saying, lol. In regards to overdoing things, sometimes I think it is just worth it! I hope you are doing well. Take care.

Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com