This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

A Relaxing Day.....

It is bound to be a quiet and hopefully relaxing day today (note the slower, chilled tunes today!) seeing how yesterday was my LAST time with the personal trainer. :( Now I am all on my own, which will be okay...I just hope that I can remember how to do everything he taught me. I think maybe I should see if I can get him to write everything down for me! That would be a good thing, besides he told me that he wrote down which weight machines we used and they are kept in a file at the gym that I can pull anytime I am there to do weights...so why not have him write down the rest of the exercises, right? It was not as difficult of a work out as last time (hopefully this means no real problems for my right arm, that would be nice) but I did have the wobbly jello legs going on by time I got home. It's all good though! I am so glad that I have been given this opportunity to get to a gym and do something to take control over my MS.

Nathan had a great time over at Grandma & Grandpas house and was even more excited that the grass has come in enough now that Buddy finally got to go over there too! They had a blast running around in the back yard, playing. It was really fun to just watch them. That is the downfall of being in an apartment, no back yard for Buddy to run free. Fortunately, he is mainly an inside dog, so going to the park and for walks, some days even just out several times for the bathroom is enough for him (but honestly, he's gotten a bit lazy and so this was really good for him) ;)

I got a phone call today from Mary at MS Helping Hands! She basically told me that they may be able to help me! That would be a relief. There is still no guarantee of course, but she told me to gather up my medical bills (for my spend down) and mail them in so that they could process them along with my application. They can help for up to $1000 which would be great (then I would only have $536 to go) before I would have insurance again. That would be such a blessing! Really nice woman and I am so grateful that they are considering helping me. This should buy me some time (if they are able to help...I know that it is all based on donations and the amounts available at the time)!

I also got a letter in the mail from the Patient Access Network today telling me that they were unable to help me at this time. They have already given away all of the donations that came in the other week and so my application is on hold again (until more donations come in) but who knows....maybe someone will donate more money this weekend (if you are reading this and able, go donate to both the Patient Access Network and MS Helping Hands -->> links to the side) every cent will help an MS'er in need!

I just have to remember that I can't loose hope (or leave hope as the song is called, lol). There are a lot of people who need help and only so much money to go around....hopefully I will get the help I need from MS Helping Hands now and maybe in 6 months when my next spend down hits...the Patient Access Network will be able to help. I just keep telling myself....if I can just make it the two years until Medicare kicks in then at least I will have some coverage and it won't be so bad. I just have to hold on until then! Two years....that should go by fast, right? In the meantime....I will continue to fight by trying to stay as healthy as possible and reaching out to those in the government. One of these days they are bound to get sick of me and do something! :)

I hope that you all are having a great Friday. Take care! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaime,

You're right....you can't lose hope, never!! I will be praying for you, that you will receive the help you need. =o) Hang in there....you are strong! Oh, and yeah, you HAVE to reach out to all those in government that might be able to help, too, and who cares if they get sick of you! lol Remember, the squeeky wheel gets the oil! =o)

~~hugs~~

Jaime said...

Thanks for the continued support Suzy! Some how things always seem to work out and I am just so grateful that there are organizations set up to help us (because after all there are a lot of us who need help from time to time). Things will work out in the end, however. They always do!

I hope you are well. Have a good Friday and take care!

Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com