This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

An Update....

I have gotten a bit off track recently since I have been so busy and my computers went wacky on me. :) I am feeling okay......a bit sore, tired (always with the fatigue lately, I wonder what that is all about?) and having a few headaches. Main complaint would be the pain I have in my feet is back. I suspect this may have something to do with the fact that I have been very busy lately and on my feet a lot. I am planning to take it easy this up coming week. Hopefully that will help! I have also noticed that I am a bit on edge (irritable). I would not say that I am depressed, but I am emotional. I think maybe that has to do with the fact that I am just tired. Have you noticed that you just can't seem to handle things as well when you are tired? It seems to me that before I had MS and even as it progresses it seems that I am less able to handle things that are stressful....but it is even more difficult to handle when I am tired and/or exhausted. Has anyone else noticed that?

Nathan and I got into it again....I feel so bad about it! He has been so well behaved lately, and we have been getting along so well. I guess it can't last forever, eh? Anyway, it goes both ways...he was doing something he shouldn't have (he is an 11 year old boy, they do that) but after telling him no and him not stopping I snapped at him and then it went from there. I used to have much more patience and lately I just don't seem to. Let's hope this counseling and case management works!

So, I am starting some new meds...I got the information packets in the mail yesterday and so I think the meds will be delivered next week. I start both Allergy shots and Xolair (which is an IgE immunotherapy injection for Asthma). It occurred to me that I don't really have a listing of my meds...so here it goes
Avonex 30 mcg injection weekly
Ibuprophen up to 2400 mg over 2 days w/the Avonex injection weekly
Topamax 200 mg bid
Baclofen 10 mg tid
Amantadine 100 mg bid (2nd dose at noon)
Aricept 10 mg hs
Oxybutynin 5 mg qd
Bupropion SR 150 mg qd
Calcium + D 500 mg/200iu tid
Ferrous Sulfate 325 mg qd
Cyanocobalamin 1cc injection
Vitamin E 800 units qd
Metformin 1000 mg bid
Prilosec 20 mg bid
Ranitidine 150 mg hs
Singulair 10 mg qd
Alavert-D 12/h bid
Flonase 50 mcg
Flovent 220 mcg
Advair 500/50 bid
Albuterol
Xolair 375 mg injection every other week

I know...I take a lot of meds every day, but what are the options? I asked if there are any I can come off of and I was told NO! Some of them are inhalers for my asthma...so it's not as bad as it looks. Hey...have any of you ever looked at what is in any of your meds? I was just looking and I take quite a few steroids because of my inhalers. I wonder if this is in part to why I don't get some of the same reactions as other people do to the IVSM? For example, I did not respond right away and I was able to go right to sleep with it, never did make me wide awake! Hmm....little food for thought! I should check into this. I can't exactly come off the asthma meds. Breathing is important. Let's hope the Xolair works well. :)

Anyway, my dad and I were talking and it we realized it may be a good idea to post at least once my medical information so that if my computer crashed (and CD's get scratched) than I always have a back up! So that is what I decided to do. I figured it was better to be safe than sorry and we should all have some kind of record. So here goes nothing.....

Medical Conditions: MS, Asthma, Sleep Apnea, Allergies, GERD, NASH, Thyroid Nodule, Vitamin b-12 deficiency, Iron deficiency anemia, hx of PCOS, hx of Endometriosis, hx of Cancer (skin, ovarian/ednometrial, NHL).

Surgeries/Procedures/Tests: Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy, Skin mole removals w/biopsies, Allergy skin testing (4), Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy, Endometrial/Ovarian/Uterine biopsies, D&C, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Total Abdominal Hysterectomy, Appendectomy, Thyroid Needle Biopsy, Gastric Emptying Study, HIDA Scan, Cholecystectomy, Liver Biopsy, Endoscopsy (2), Colonoscopy (4), PH Probe, Capsule Endoscopy, Leukemia/Lymphoma phenotyping, Breast biopsy & Lumpectomy, Spinal Tap, Lymph node Biopsy, Lymphadenectomy, CT Scan (multiple), MRI (multiple - head, neck, back), Ultrasounds (multiple), EEG, Nerve Conduction Study, Sleep Studies (2), SBFT, Nuclear Bone Scan, DEXA Scan, Bloodwork & UA (multiple).

It's true....if you could own stock in the medical field...I would be rich! :) I am glad that I have it all written down somewhere. Until now I just had it on a piece of paper, which...with my memory these day (note the Aricept above) could disappear at any time! So, this is good to have to look back on. I just had to fill out all of the fun paperwork for the folks over at Caremark for my Xolair. So, I just happened to have had all this information handy!

I hope you are all having a good weekend. I'm off to take my Avonex! Drugs.....We are all on drugs! What to do....can't live with out them?!

Music Video Codes By Musicjesus.com

0 comments:


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com