This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

An All Sports Weekend

What a busy weekend this has been. I am still having a bit of pain, but over all I am starting to feel better. I am not sure if it is because it is not as hot as it was (it is still in the 90's during the day...but with a breeze which is NICE and at night it is in the 60's) or if it is because I am no longer taking the Avonex (been without it for two weeks now). I am just not sure. I am still having problems with depression though and I was really hoping those feelings would go away with me not taking the Avonex. Especially considering I was so full of life and not depressed before all of this. Maybe it takes a while to get out of the system or maybe I have just developed some depression because of my illness (and where I am at with everything). This is something I think I will talk to my doctor about!

It was really nice to get out and do something this weekend! One of my major problems is the level of fatigue that I have and it has been nice to have a little bit of energy. It is not like I am able to go and run a marathon or anything....but it was nice to get out of the house for more than an hour without having to go home and take a nap or spend the whole next day in bed recovering from it. I do think I used up a bit too many spoons however....although it was worth every minute!

Friday night we had tickets to go to a Tri-city Dustdevils game. They were playing the Everett Aquasox and won! Nate brought along a friend and they had a blast. His friend had never been to a baseball game before, so this was a great experience for him. It was 11 pm before we got home however, and I was tired! The next morning we were up early as it was football try outs for Nate. He is in grid kids football this year. Everyone makes the team, which is nice...only we won't know what team he is on until the afternoon of the 12th. There is one more try out on the 12th and after that they will assign teams. I think this will be a great thing for him to be involved in. He is SO excited! They practice 4 times a week after school and then have a game every Saturday. The season will end just before Thanksgiving. This should keep him busy and I think he will have loads of fun too! After Nate's football try outs we were off to watch my sister who was playing softball. She is part of the special olympics softball team for the Tri-City Explosion. They won both of their games and next will head to Everett, WA for state finals. I am SO proud of her. To go out and get involved with this is so wonderful! Next we went to my parents for a BBQ. It was about 10 pm by time we got home.

Needless to say this morning I slept in. I have had a very lazy day today, basically just trying to stay in and relax. I know that I have probably done more than my body can handle (I am tired, exhausted, in a bit of pain, and numb) but I am glad I did. It was great to get out and do something with the family! I think I need to get out and do more.

I hope all of you had a great weekend! I am off to see my docs tomorrow (neurologist at 10:20 am & GI at 1:30).......wish me luck. Take care and have a good week.

3 comments:

Iain Dughlais said...

Hey.

Watch the depression. That shit sneaks up on you. I had a nervious breakdown last year when I thought I was fine. Turns out. Nope. At least I got that out of the way. :)

Good luck with the doctor.
Ciao.

mdmhvonpa said...

Needless to say this morning I slept in.

Remeber to take care of yourself ... above all else.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you better days ahead. I hope your doctor appointment's went well. =o)

Ahh that darn depression. Nothing worse than that, is there? Well I suppose there could be, but I never even thought of it being due to the Avonex stop. Hmmmm...something to ponder.

~~hugs~~


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com