This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

One Of Those Days.....

Have you ever noticed that just when you think you are doing better something comes up? I suppose that is just the nature of this illness. I have been getting better since my round of steroids. I mean...my eyes are still bothering me and I have still had some symptoms that are noticeable but not as bothersome, but today I woke up to the worse pain in my leg...the worse charly horse I have had in a long time and now, several hours later I am still having spasms in that leg and problems walking. Not to mention the headache, eye pain, eye spasms, nerve pins and needles....what the heck is going on? I guess it is just one of those days!

Tomorrow is my appointment with my neurologist and I am hoping to get some questions answered. It seems that I always forget to ask something while at my doctors appointments so I have been writing down what I want to ask and keeping a list of my symptoms. I know that we will be discussing my treatment options and I am hoping that there will be something out there that will help....maybe a clinical trial. I will find out tomorrow. Dave showed me an article yesterday that talks about invisible brain changes may be a key to MS progression. I am curious to find out more about this considering my last MRI on July 12th did not show any lesions consistent with ON or voice/hearing changes...however I have been having these areas effected as well as many other symptoms. I also am curious to find out about my progression as I was diagnosed with RRMS (which I know was correct) as I did not have a lot of relapses or symptoms in the beginning but over the last year and a half I have had one problem after another and since the end of October I have had 3 relapses....each with new symptoms and each with symptoms that seem to stay. So, does this mean I am progressing? Hopefully I can find out tomorrow and there will be something that can be done about it. Especially since my last MRI also showed that even on Avonex my lesions increased in size (not by a lot but still).

Anyway, I think I am going to go and take a nap before Nate gets home from school. Hopefully I can get rid of this headache and pains. Wish me luck tomorrow! I am sure everything will go just fine (I have a great doctor!) Have a good weekend everyone. :) Take care.

~2pm: So I just got a phone call from my neurologist office and my doctor is having to have surgery. I hope everything is okay. Anyway...my appointment has been cancelled and rescheduled to next Thursday. This actually works out okay for me though because it is looking like I may need to have an endoscopy while I am in Seattle. Maybe if I am lucky I can get everything done in one day!

0 comments:


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com