This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Thank You Thomas Beasley!

Cross-country cycler spins wheels for MS

"Thomas Beasley wanted his life to matter, so he got on his bicycle.

He set out to raise $100,000 for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. In 15 years, he's raised $103,000, criss-crossing the country with a Cannondale mountain bike, spandex, Gatorade and the kindness of strangers.

The quest began in 1991, a year after his best friend and mentor, John Toodle, died of multiple sclerosis. At the time, the 6-foot, 22-year-old Beasley weighed about 150 pounds and was training for the Tour de France, riding 100 miles a day.

The friends planned to do the Tour de France together. It would have cost $100,000 for both.

"My grandma always said to make my life count for something," he said."


  • Click here for the full story
  • 4 comments:

    mdmhvonpa said...

    Wow ... 103K ... that's a chunk of change! Hat's off to him!

    Bike the US for MS said...

    AWESOME!

    Bike the US for MS said...

    AWESOME!!

    Anonymous said...

    Hi, I am a fiend of Thomas's and have moved to Germany would like to contack him and se if he want toride in Germany. If you have anyway ofcontacting him that would help. My name is Suzanne and my email is Suziemjohnson@yahooo.com/ Thanks


    All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



    About Me

    My photo
    I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

    Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

    Click to Contact Me Now!

    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

    MS Advocacy

    More About ME!

    Previous Posts

    Brian Games!

    Directory of Health Blogs
    View blog authority
    blogarama - the blog directory
    My BlogCatalog BlogRank
    Listed on BlogShares
    Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com