This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Update On CD Sales.....

Once again I want to thank all of you that have gone out and supported the MSAA by purchasing the Everybody Falls CD. This has been a great experience to become involved with such a project. It is rewarding to see so many people come out to help all of us who have this illness. Our total sales so far equal $1150.

I am so proud of my family. If it was not for the help and support they have given me and this project I am not sure I could have put all of this together. My dad has been a star! He has been running around for me to pick up tables and get the posters....none of which would fit in my car. He has been selling the CD's at a second table the whole time. There is no way that I could have done this without him! My sister has also been a great help. She has been out there almost everyday and that is a big deal for her seeing how she typically does not do well in situations where she has to speak to people (she has social anxiety). Even my mom has sold a bunch of CD's and she is busy working. I think Nathan is really the little salesman though. He is so cute that it appears people can't say no to him. They see this cute boy asking for help to support people with MS, like my mom, he says. I hope all of you have such a great support system.

I am currently taking a couple days off from the Wal-mart scene. Nathan is home sick today, he sounds horrible.....as if he has swallowed a piece of cardboard, and I have developed a little bit of a cough. I think taking a couple days off will be beneficial so that we are running at full capacity come Wednesday when we are scheduled to go out again! Currently Nathan is sleeping, but I am thinking that I will see if I can get him into the walk-in clinic. I just want to make sure that he does not have strep or something that needs antibiotics.

On a different note.....each day I do appear to be feeling better. I still have symptoms (I don't think I will ever be completely without) but I also have more energy and that is huge for me. I can't remember the last time I was able to get up in the morning and not feel like I needed to go right back to bed. I can't tell you how great it feels to get up and actually be awake. It sounds so silly to say, but really it is a big deal. Anyway, I am hoping that this will continue to work and that I will only get better everyday. Nothing be positive thoughts and expectations! :)

Hopefully all of you are doing good. Please take care of yourselves and keep in touch.

Jaime

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaime

Thank you for the nice things you said on your blog. I watched and listened to your interviews on the TV news and radio. I know I don't tell you this often enough, but I am very proud of you. I have been quite impressed with the amount of effort you have put into this project and the amount of knowledge you have about MS and your willingness to share that information with anyone who asks questions. In spite of your many health problems, you don't let them stop you from trying to help others. You are a very remarkable young woman. Your Mom and I love you and are incredibly proud of you.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow ... just, wow.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jaime

I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work on the "Everybody Falls" CD project. Your efforts are setting an example to volunteers across the country, showing that people can make a difference. If every volunteer that helps with this project has even half of your talent and determination we will indeed succeed in raising funds and awareness for the MSAA. Thanks so much!

Jaime said...

Dad,
I could not do it without you. I love you so much and am the person I am because of you and mom. Thanks for always being here to support me.
Jaime

Jaime said...

Erik,

I am honored to be a part of this project. The MSAA is such a wonderful organization that helps so many people. I have seen first hand how they can help as they have helped me. Everyone with MS deserves to have the best quality of life they can and the MSAA helps us get there.

I can't thank you enough for creating this project with Jilladair. It is because of the two of you that this is possible and so many people will be helped because of it.

Jaime

Anonymous said...

Like Mondova Pova said....wow, just wow!

Tears came to my eyes reading your dad's comments.

You are remarkable...thank you for all the encouragement you give to me!

Hope your son feels better soon!

BRAINCHEESE said...

Jaime,

Sorry I have been remiss at leaving a comment here...read your Dad's comment a few days ago, and I'm just now back!

BRAVO...BRAVO...BRAVO!!!!!!!!

(there's my wordy and lengthy comment!)

Linda D. in Seattle

Jaime said...

I love how everyone is coming up with all these different ways to spell Mdmhvonpa....makes me smile! After all with a name like that how could you not, right? ;)

Thanks for the comment Suzy. I read what you are going through and can't even imagine. I can deal with myself getting sick but it takes someone very strong and brave to hold things together when a child is sick. You and your family are in my prayers. I hope everything goes well for Little Luv.

Linda, there are times when I get around to everyone but just don't seem to have a lot to say (which is not a reflection on any of my fellow bloggers.....I just sometimes get so tired that I can't seem to come up with anything). Not to worry! I read this morning that you too have a cold. Please get better soon....sleepytime tea works graet to relax the body and get some sleep.

Take care both of you!

Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com