This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Hastings Music

After a bit of a rocky beginning to the weekend, things started to look up real soon. We were scheduled to sell the CD's at the Pasco Wal-mart on Saturday and Sunday, but there was some scheduling conflicts. Someone accidentally booked another organization at the same time (oh well, mistakes happen). They do have us down for next weekend though, so that is good. :) Fortunately the Richland Safeway saved the day....or should I say days. They let us set up at the store both Saturday and Sunday! :)

On the way to the Richland Safeway I got this idea to check with the local music stores to see if I could get them to buy a few CD's to promote it in their stores. I called information for the phone number to the Richland Hastings store and it was unlisted, so I took a bunch of CD's to the store, talked to the manager and sure enough.....he bought 5, with the agreement that when they sell them they will buy some more! Yay! I then found out that there is another Hastings in Kennewick. I called and spoke to the manager there and they are buying 9 of them. As of today we have collected $1875 for the fundraiser.

My dad also had a great idea and we are hoping that it will not only be a way to raise a lot of money for the MSAA, but that it will be a great way to educate more people. This upcoming Saturday is Veteran's Day. The City of West Richland is having a parade and chili feed. Apparently it is a big deal in this area. My dad (being a veteran himself) got a hold of the City and they are letting us set up a table at the park (where the parade starts and where they are holding the chili feed). I believe the parade starts at 9:30 but we will be setting up at 9am. It will only last for a few hours, but then we can head out to the Wal-mart. It should prove to be a great weekend!

4 comments:

personallog! said...

Hmmmm Chili! You rock with the money raising.

Love ya babes
Dave

Miss Chris said...

I think it's really great that you're taking things upon yourself and getting involved!

Jaime said...

Chili does sound good...especially on a cold day. :)

Jaime said...

Chris,
I just want to do whatever I can to help out. I figure if I can take my experience to do some good than all the better. :)
Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com