This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Better

I am happy to report that I am feeling better. There is no more kidney stone and according to the CT that was done there are not any others to worry about either! :) Even my nausea has gotten better. I think that the combination of everything at once just was not good on my body. So, on to better days......

Yesterday I had my follow-up appointment with my PCP. It was a great day to see the doctor I tell ya! We went over what has been going on with me, talked about the hospitalization, and then he told me that according to my labs and since my liver function has held steady that I get to come off of one of my meds (plus, he suspects that since it is mainly used to treat diabetes and I am not that this could be contributing to me being sick). No more Metformin for me! I am happy about it too cause of all meds that one was one of the hardest for me to take. It is this big pill that was so hard to swallow and then because of the dose I was on I had to take 4 of them a day.

Next we talked about more of what I would like to see happen this year with my health. I explained to him that I get frustrated sometimes because I have done everything I can think of to loose weight (worked with nutritionists, personal trainers, doctors, etc.), I eat a healthy balanced diet (although I need to be better about how much I eat....just have not had much of an appetite lately), and even if I can't do traditional exercise (like swimming, cardio.....based on my MS) then I still try to walk or do the ball exercises at home. I told him that I would like to know what can be done because although I don't seem to gain weight....I don't loose it either and if I could then maybe I would feel better. I told him about how I did not gain all this weight until I got sick (the first time....damn hormones) and that there MUST be something that can be done. So.....next month I am seeing a new doctor, an endocrinologist in Seattle. I am really hopeful that between my working so hard and my various doctors brilliant minds....I will be feeling better than I have in years in no time.

I want to thank all of you for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I really appreciate it. I hope that each of you are doing well. Please take care and have a good week!

4 comments:

mouse said...

You will be feeling better in no time. That is what I hope for too!

mdmhvonpa said...

Most excellent to see you back!

Jaime said...

Thanks Mouse! I am sure that I will be back to my old self in no time. You are such a sweetheart. Thanks for all of your kind comments and well wishes. Take care.

Jaime

Jaime said...

Thanks Mdmhvonpa.....It is great to be back!


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com