This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Valentine's Day

It's Valentines Day! A day celebrated all over the world where candy, flowers, and gifts are exchanged as a sign of ones love to another. Well, that is unless you are single. Most of the year it does not bother me that I am single. I am comfortable with most aspects of my life and let's face it, for the last few years I have just had too many other things going on to try and focus on a relationship.

This time of year, however, reminds me of what could possibly be. Of course one day I would love to get married....it is just not something that usually crosses my mind. I guess after my divorce and then struggling with my health, that thought was placed on the back burner. Like many of us I figured I would have a lot of time, that I never needed to worry about it. And, I am still young.....at 30 years old I should not have to worry, right?

The thing is when you have an illness like MS you do tend to wonder. It can be hard enough to find the right person, but when you have an illness that can be even more of a challenge. I would hope that people could be mature about the subject, but then again....how do you approach the topic "I have MS". Do you tell people right away? Anyone who knows me knows that I am pretty much an open book (would I have a blog if I wasn't?) and seeing how so much of my life is now dedicated to MS, it would be difficult not to disclose that.

Over the last 11 months of having my blog, I have read entries from so many of you who struggle with your relationships because of the way MS impacts that relationship. So, I am curious how all of you who are single and in the dating world have dealt with the challenges that come into play when trying to find Mr./Mrs. Right. And, for those of you who are married, give us single MS'ers some advice on how you keep a healthy and happy relationship despite the challenges that can come from this illness.

I hope each one of you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Take care. :)

2 comments:

Vivian said...

First let me say that even though you may not be in a romantic relationship at the moment, you are still definitely loved. You have been blessed with love from family, friends and yes even your imaginary weirdo internet friends like me. =)

Doing the whole dating dance just really sucks for everybody, ill or not. I can not speak to dating with a chronic illness but I have to honestly say that when you meet the right person, illness is a side note, yes even MS. Paul did not get diagnosed until after we were married but if he had been before we met it would not have mattered in the least to me. Yes it is tough but if it were not MS it would be something else. Relationships and marriage are work. Love is a decision no matter what your situation. If you were, say, an avid hockey fan. When you meet the right guy, even if he knows nothing about hockey he would get in there and learn the sport because it is important to you. Same thing for MS, even if he is not familiar with it, if he is made of what it takes he will do the walks and learn the lingo and fight every step with you.

Trust me I kissed a lot of frogs before I met Paul. The way I found him was I quit looking and handed it over to God. Honestly I probably would not have chosen him but then God knew my chooser was broken. =) I have to say He knows what He is doing because we could not be happier, MS and all the rest.
Just my 2 cents.

Miss Chris said...

MS impacted my relationship. I was diagnosed after only 3 years of marriage to my husband and it has taken the last 2 or so years for him to be more"comfortable" with the idea of it.


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com