This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Did you remember to wear green today? I hope so as today the Luck o' the Irish is upon you. Our Irish celebration actually started with last nights dinner. All Irish! Corned Beef and Cabbage as well as soda bread. But then again my family is mostly Irish. Hagarty was originally O'Hegarty. The O was dropped when my ancestors came to America and then the spelling of Hagarty was actually changed several times. As a matter of fact my dad's birth certificate has it spelled 4 different ways.

I was able to find our family crest/coat of arms. Here is some interesting information. So, I am not sure what the tree means. The only thing I can think of is possibly farming as I know some of my family were farmers. I did find out that the red stands for Warrior, Martyr, & Military Strength and the white stands for Serenity & Peace. The Doves are a symbol of Love & Peace. In Ireland the Dove is regarded as the Bird of God. The Shield is the Chief which represents Dominion, Authority, Wisdom, & Achievement in Battle. I know my dad has a book with all the meanings, etc. He is very big into genealogy and I am sure he could give me lots of information about the meanings of our name and origins of our family.

So, St. Patrick as you may know is one of the most well known figures in Christianity. The modern day holiday is based on the original feast day which is also believed to be the date of his death. The holiday has been celebrated here in the US by Irish immigrants as early at 1737 and now by most everyone.

I have not been lucky enough to travel to Ireland, but I am hopeful that one day I will. In the meantime here is a video of how the Irish (in Ireland) celebrate today! Happy St. Patty's Day!

2 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Lisa Emrich said...

Hi, I apologize for the 'form' letter but it is the easiest way to pass word most quickly.

I am thrilled with the response to the MS Blogger project started at my blog, Brass and Ivory. I appreciate all those who took time to post about it on their blogs. I have discovered even more bloggers who have MS, whether they blog about the MS or not. A new listing is available at MS Blogger Community Project Revised.

Secondly, I'm looking for submissions for next week's Carnival of MS Bloggers. Information can be found at the end of each issue archived at Carnival of MS Bloggers. What I'm looking for this week are posts related to creativity. I discovered so many new bloggers who quilt, or knit, or crochet, or write, or photograph, etc. Basically, what do you do to express yourself?

Thank you so much for participating.

Lisa Emrich

P.S. I also apologize for any increased 'spamming' of blog comments due to my growing linklist of bloggers with MS. For that I am sincerely sorry.


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com