This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Over Doing It

Okay, so I know it's not good to over do things with MS or any of my health issues....BUT! Sometimes you just need to let loose and have a little fun. Don't you all get tired of everything being about MS? I know it is there and I am so not in denial about it. I fully understand that if I go out with the girls and stay up to the crack of dawn I'm probably not gonna feel very good the next day, or if I run my self ragged trying to get the house clean, go do shopping and whatever else I decide to thrown in there I just may end up having a harder time with my breathing or need a day or two to just do NOTHING. The thing is as much as that can suck....sometimes it is nice to just be normal (or at least feel so). I miss the days where I could stay up late, get up early and actually have the energy to function. The days were I didn't have to worry about....well, if I do this than my MS will flare or I will need to do a breathing treatment or think to myself I can do that but I need to take an extra pill to help prevent some kind of symptom.

Health issues SUCK!!!! Not as if you all did not know that, lol. :) Here's the thing (I know I am rambling on) just like all those pills and/or injections we take to get through the day, everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING has a side effect. Sure, I can take my copaxone which is supposed to help slow the progression of the MS but every time without fail there is severe pain, lumps, and headaches to go along with it. Does that mean I just never take it again....no. It just means that I have to find a way to deal with the side effects (although between you and me....if I could get off this crap and take something else I think at this point I would do it in a heart beat.....I am SO NOT liking copaxone....and please remember just cause it is not my friend doesn't mean it won't work for you so please don't take this as advice regarding the medication because I know people who have done quite well with it....all of us MS'ers react different, just one more pain in the butt things that come with this illness). ANYWAY......

So this weekend my friend Mary came here from Spokane and we have been having a blast. I am tired, probably have been over doing things, and my MS has shown its ugly head at times, but we are having fun! It is nice to do something other than focus on my health....even if it's only for a day or two and it is especially nice to just live life and be me! So, although I don't believe in New Years resolutions or anything of that sort (mainly because I am pretty sure I will have broken any resolution I would make by the end of the day January 1st, lol) I think I want to adopt a "Who gives a crap" mentality....even if just for a short while. Life is too short and there is still a lot I want to do. I hope you are all doing well, living life to it's fullest and having a good time. Take care!
~Jaime

4 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

I have had similar thoughts lately. Sometimes I get tired of just conserving all my energy for work and chores. It seems like if I am going to be tired, I'll be tired either way so I might as well let loose when I have the energy and deal with the consequences later.

Anonymous said...

hi my friend! i am glad to read your posting. i actually have it followed now on google reader.
anyhow,
i have put ms in the back of my mind. i have long tired of people asking me how i am... i say i am great lol... i wanted to also tell you i am glad you are on my facebook...ttyl
camille :)

Anonymous said...

meds suck, ms sucks, disease sucks, but sometimes it HAS to be all about you. forget the disease, push it, and suffer tomorrow. "and always remember the longer you live, the sooner you'll bloody well die." (irish sense of humor)

Herrad said...

Enjoy yourself that is what life is there for to enjoy the here and now.
Keep warm and happy.
Love,
Herrad
ps my partner and carers blog
http://screamingrichie.blogspot.com/


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com