This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Documentation.....

So I have decided that if I am found to be a good candidate for the HALT MS study I think it would be great for all of us with MS to have some kind of documentation of the process. Of course the doctors will all being doing their own documentation for their studies and journals but how often do we actually get a patients point of view, what they are going through, how it effects them and in a way that we can read it and understand. I don't know about you but most of the clinical trials/studies that I have read are informative but pretty much just the facts...which is fine if you are a doctor or researcher, but as a person with MS you may want to know more...I know I would. So, I will let you all know very soon but if I am found to be a candidate I plan to document the whole process. And of course I think it is important to remember that with everything....each one of us are different. We may all have MS but we all have different reactions when it comes to how our bodies respond to various treatments. That is part of why it is so difficult to treat this illness....sure we may have similar symptoms or situations but we are all unique....they say no two MS patients respond the same. So now that I have given my two cents about that....

So this is where I am in the process. Last week when I saw my neuro I was referred to the study. Then the study coordinator called me and we started the whole process. I faxed over my release forms and the study coordinator left me a message yesterday to give her a call on Monday....they have already started getting my records in. So that is about it. Mainly paperwork and waiting at this point. As I find out more I will let you know.

Until then I hope this finds you doing well and enjoying your weekend. Take care! :)

5 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

Please do blog your experience in the trial. That's what Jeri has done with "Fingolimod and Me" and she is now in the extension phase of the trial. It's great to hear real experiences.

Webster said...

I know you're just in the paperwork stage right now, but this is a big decision. I hope you have a great outcome with few side effects and even less discomfort. Let's hope it really does HALT your MS!

Herrad said...

Good luck.

Love,

Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Jaime,

Just came by for the first time, very curious whether you got on the Halt MS Study.

Hope you are doing well.
Take care.

Love,
Herrad

Anonymous said...

hi Jamie.. I hope this study works for you! keep us posted on documentation :)


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com