This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Pre-Transplant Testing

What a busy week this is turning into. I have officially become a patient at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) and yesterday was my first "official" day of appointments. I checked in at 9am, was sent to get labs done..they are testing me for everything known to man it seems (or at least I would assume so since they took like 10 tubes of blood). LOL Next I had my appointment with my PA and then an appointment with my transplant nurse. I think we were in appointments non-stop until about 1 or so. After my last appointment for the day we were then given a tour of the SCCA. It seems I will be spending the majority of my time in the transplant clinic but will also have some time spent in infusion care and lab.

Today we did not have to be there quite as early. My first appointment was not until noon. It was a VERY busy day however. I started with a chest x-ray, appointment with my social worker, financial worker, went for an EKG, met with the Attending Doc, transplant team nurse and finally my GYN consult. I think it was about 5 pm when I was finally done with everything. Tomorrow will be much more calm as I have only one appointment and then Friday I'm scheduled for a dental exam, pulmonary function test and nutrition consultation. Then I will get to go home, which will be nice. :)

I found out today that I am just about done with the testing phase. This is moving much quicker than I expected I have to admit. I have been a feeling a little overwhelmed, kind of on information overload. Last night I even had homework (reading over all the paperwork that they gave me). Monday I have my bone marrow biopsy scheduled and then they have to take some cultures, but they think by next Wednesday or Thursday all the results will be in. I am usually pretty together and able to muti-task and handle things, but I have to admit that I am a bit overwhelmed with everything. I think once I get finished with all the pre-transplant testing and know for sure if this transplant is going to happen, I will feel much better.

Well that's all I have for now. I will update again on Friday after I have finished with my appointments for the week. Take care!

0 comments:


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com