This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

TWO STEPS FORWARD ONE STEP BACK - DAYS 9 AND 10

This is Judy. Jaime had a wonderful day yesterday. She was up and showered by 6:00 a.m. and ready to order some food. We took a couple of laps around the hallways and she was feeling great. Her blood counts are going up she was at .18 yesterday. This isn't much, but the counts tend to come in slowly and then they will come in faster in a couple of days. All of that is good news. She slept pretty well and all in all we had a pretty good day. The sores in her mouth aren't quite as bad and we really considered her "over the hump", so to speak and that we would see improvement from here on in.

Well, that was yesterday and oh what a difference a day makes. Today, we aren't so good. Jaime woke with a headache, nausea and has tried to eat a little, but nothing will stay down. Her count numbers continue to climb although very slowly, but she sure feels lousy today. We were told that most of her bad feeling is that they are administering high doses of prednisone and that is causing lots of side effects. She is also getting the growth factor to make her bones so sore. So today she is achey all over and she can't even think of food. She also has a terrible headache and that isn't helping her either.

We were told that you will have days that are good, bad and so-so. I guess this is the bad one, so maybe tomorrow it will be a good one. We can only hope that is the case.

I'll keep you informed as we go along.

1 comments:

Webster said...

Thank you for keeping us up on Jaime's progress, Judy. There are bound to be bad days throughout this procedure; it does seem that she is in good hands, though. So HI JAIME, Hang in there and get well! Keep up the good fight.


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com