This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Probably Not MS! :)

So my symptoms are probably not actually MS. It turned out my legs were quite swollen and that was actually related to the lovely blood clot I have currently. Did I mention my blood clot before? I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in an earlier post. Anyway, I had two blood clots but after 5 days of Lovenox (an anti-coagulant) the clot in my jugular dissolved. The clot in my arm however got worse. My Oncologist wanted me to continue on the Lovenox however my insurance didn't want to pay for it (It's about $7000 a month). After almost 10 days of my pharmacy and doctor's office fighting with the insurance company (as well as another trip to the hospital) they finally agreed to pay for it. You see Sunday I had to go back into the hospital for more blood work, an ultrasound and a CT because there was concern that the clot had moved into my lungs (also known as a Pulmonary Embolism....which can be very deadly). Fortunately that was not the case. The ultrasound however showed that my clot is not healing very fast. That just may have been the push the insurance needed to cover the meds. Who knows, but I got the meds and am back on them. Hopefully it will start to heal now!

2 comments:

Webster said...

It's really good that your docs are keeping on top of all of this. Clots - scary. Aren't these follow-up visits and meds covered by the HALT MS Study? If not, they should be.

On the other hand, I'm glad it's not the MS that is acting up. You don't need that, either!

Het strong - soon!

Ashley Ashbee said...

This is a lovely blog. You write very clearly and concisely about your everyday challenges. It must be so frustrating to deal with yet another health problem!

I've known a couple of people who had MS and it seemed to affect them so adversely that I didn't imagine they would have much of a quality of life. Thank you for showing me how you deal with it. I admire your positive attitude!


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com