This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Sprain...Urg! Always Something....

So I was getting better, even able to get around the house without my walker or cane, only needing to use my cane when outdoor and what do you know....I twisted and sprained my ankle. So, now I'm back in the walker boot and needing the cane again. This has been a very long recovery, I mean, I understand that Meningitis and Strokes are very serious but after all I have already gone through, you'd think that would be easier. It's not. In fact the unpredictability of all the side effects are just as bad, dare I say worse, than the unpredictability I experienced with the MS.

My first Meningitis (which was the severe one and caused the stroke) was mid-February and here we are just after the 4th of July and I'm still having side effects. I am doing my best to be positive but when you're 33 years old and can't go anywhere for fear of having an accident because you have no control over your bladder, can't walk very well and still have pain and headaches, it's just not easy. I know I'm probably not doing a good job of describing it to you all, but I just want to say that I am doing my best to recover, be patient (not my strong-suit) and when things settle down I will be back.....with a much more positive outlook for the future. I know things the last few months have been difficult but I keep telling myself I'm here for a reason and with all that's happened already, I WILL get better. I HAVE to! :)

0 comments:


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com