This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

It's May!

What a 2011 this has been. I almost can't believe it is May already. And even more so, I can't believe it's been since the end of January since I posted anything. I had NO idea it had been so long, in fact if there is anyone left reading this I'm sure you all wonder what the heck happened to me.

Well, here it is....I have had a ton of stuff going on with me medically. When I last posted I spoke about my sinuses, well they have not been my favorite subject over the last few months. In fact I had had so many problems that after yet another hospitalization I ended up having to have Sinus surgery once again. My doctor in Seattle tried very hard to avoid another surgery by putting me on a Sinus Nebulizer (new treatment) however that did little to help. So, April 4th I had my surgery in Seattle. I can tell some difference only I still have a lot of swelling and recovery seems to be taking forever.

In regards to my MS, well I am just not even sure right now what to think. I have some other medical things going on (i.e. sinuses, which leads to lungs, which is ultimately cause by ALLERGIES...ugh! HATE those). It turns out that since my transplant I am just very sensitive to pretty much everything I take. I had another reaction to an antibiotic, making this about the 10th drug I'm now allergic to. Anyway, so back to the MS....I am not completely sure if what I have been experiencing lately is MS or something else. I suspect however that it is my MS, only I am kind of being stubborn because I really don't want to hear the transplant was not successful and/or that my MS is back. I am due for a check-up soon however, so there is really only so long I can go without reporting it. In fact, I have been delaying because I'm REALLY hoping it will turn out to be more due to the wacky weather we have been having, but then again WE ALL KNOW, weather changes are not kind to us with MS.

Over the last month or so I have been experiencing A LOT of pain in my back, shoulders and neck. I've had headaches (which I suspect is more due to allergies and my sinuses). I have had some numbness in my arm, hand and leg...all of which has been more present on my left side, which is my trouble side when it comes to my MS. I have had HORRIBLE charley horses in my legs, a couple times even in my toes. The most noticeable piece however is that I am having the hardest time with heat. UGH!! That is one symptom I hoped and prayed would never come back. Having said that, I do have to say that even if my MS symptoms are coming back, in my opinion this was still a success because I made it a year without most of my previous symptoms and the ones that have come back, although a pain to deal with, are tolerable. Things could always be worse. Plus, if it turns out that my MS is back, at least I know I have done everything humanly possible to fight this dang illness.

Here's hoping my next post won't be so far away! Till next time....

0 comments:


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com