This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Stem Cell Trial in Canada a Success!

Here is an example of why every person who reads this needs to sign the petition for stem cell research to continue in this country. Please take a minute to read Jennifer Molson's story. Visit Kim's blog. She has a lot of great information posted. http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2006/03/15/ms-molson060315.html?ref=rss
This just gives us a little more proof that we are so close. We can not allow this research to stop. I understand that there has been some controversy regarding stem cell research and that there are questions as to whether it is ethically correct. I believe that there is a way to find a balance. I believe the government can find a way to set boundaries so that the stem cells are donated appropriately. There is some belief that stem cells found from liposuction is as beneficial. Let's do more research into that. That would solve the problem. Hello, this country is very overweight. I am not sure that encouraging everyone to go out and get liposuction is the best idea, but I AM sure that there will not be as many ethical concerns if the government sets regulations allowing stems cells to be used ONLY if donated from a live birth, still born, or liposuction. If you take abortion OUT of the equation then you don't have the ethical problems that have been previously mentioned as a concern to why this research is unable to continue in this country. This research is TOO IMPORTANT. IT CAN NOT STOP. I urge you, if you have not already, sign the petition. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/903715533
It is not just for those of us who have MS. It may one day be the cure for many illness, neurological, cancers, who knows what else it will possibly cure. DO YOUR PART. Thank You.

1 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Now that they have figured out how to 'flip' adult stem cells ... you would think that people would move on. No, it was all about the friggen argument. Kripes. Several states (CA,NY,NJ to name a few) have fairly robust grants ... much, much more than the USGov hands out.


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com