This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

1 Day of Productivity = Next Day Exhaustion

Have you ever noticed when you have a really productive day, how the next day you seem exhausted? That was how today was for me. I think a lot of it has to do with my returning to physical therapy yesterday. It would be so nice if I could get through a whole week without feeling pain and exhaustion, but that is probably more than can be expected at this time. I do believe that with more time in the pool, I will eventually start to regain some of my energy and the pain will decrease. I just think, like everything else with this illness, it will take time. It is a process, not impossible to manage though.

Still no results from my bone scan. My doctors nurse did call this morning though. That was nice of her. She just wanted to let me know she was aware I went in for the test and would let me know as soon as she got the results. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that it won't take all week for the results to get to my doctor. :)

I had every intention of getting some much needed things done around my house today, and although I was able to get a few of them done, I was unable to to get all of them done. I have finally learned how to pay attention to when I need to stop for the day and realize not everything MUST be done today. There are so many other, much more important things in this world. Why worry and stress about something that really CAN wait until tomorrow. I figure, my house is clean, my son is taken care of, we have the things we need, a few chores can wait for another day or two. Maybe after my appointment tomorrow I can get some things done (I have seriously wanted to do some spring cleaning too!, now I just need to find the energy).

I hope you are all doing well. Please take care and keep in touch. I know many of you have been dealing with some difficult things and are having a hard time. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. If you need anything at all, someone to talk to, whatever, please leave me a comment, or send me an email. You can click on the link to the right --->>> (Note: there is one on the bottom for comments or a link at the top for my email). I wish you all well.

3 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Ever hear of the spoon theory? You may have used up too many spoons. Here is a similar take, but with beer.

Jaime said...

The theory is interesting, although it seems as though I have rearranged so many things in my life already. I have been pretty good about figuring out when I need to put things off a day or two, but even then the fatigue seems to kick my butt. I have been fighting with fatigue for years and it seems no matter what I've tried or my doctors have recommended, I have not gotten great results. I have been on the highest doses of anti-fatigue meds with no improvement, plenty of sleep does not seem to help, diet and exercise (have even done personal trainers & physical therapy). My body just seems to reject them. I am sure this has more to do with the combination of my health problems though, than just my MS. The theory is very interesting though, and I found it enjoyable to read! Thanks.

personallog! said...

Did someone say beer? hmm hmm!lol I think it makes perfect sence and a fantastice read. I just wish we could all have all the beer/spoons in the world like everyone else. I think people like us would like to have everything everyone else has so we try harder when WE can! I think what we do here by talking to each other a teaching others about this disease...thats what we do extra! Thats us taking another spoon....or in my case an extra beer!


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com