This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Epstein-Barr Virus & MS Risk

I subscribe to a few different MS news publications and journals and yesterday in MedlinePlus there was an article you all might want to read:

  • Epstein-Barr Virus Could Boost MS Risk!

  • Now, I am not a doctor, but I find this interesting, especially because I used to work in Nephrology (kidney disease). In my experience, which has only been a couple of years, of having been diagnosed with MS, the one interaction I seem to hear a lot about is liver problems. All the interferons seem to have possible liver interactions, so do some of the other oral medications, and to my knowledge I have not heard a whole lot about possible kidney interactions. Epstein-Barr is something that I commonly saw our Nephrology patients had. Like I said before, I am not a doctor, so I am not sure if that is just a coincidence, but I thought that was interesting. Maybe this is an area research should be focusing on! If there is some kind of relation between EBV and MS and there is not a high incident of MS patients with kidney problems (I don't know if that is the case or not, just thinking out loud) maybe there is a possible way of finding a treatment here? Who knows?

    0 comments:


    All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



    About Me

    My photo
    I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

    Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

    Click to Contact Me Now!

    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

    MS Advocacy

    More About ME!

    Previous Posts

    Brian Games!

    Directory of Health Blogs
    View blog authority
    blogarama - the blog directory
    My BlogCatalog BlogRank
    Listed on BlogShares
    Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com