This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Happy Easter!

This time of year always makes me want to take a step back. It is a good time to reflect on what I have done so far this year, and how I am living my life. It is a good time to remember what is important in life. For me that is my family, faith, friends, and health. A great sacrifice was made for each one of us! and I could not be more appreciative. I know that I am not perfect. I have made many mistakes in my life and so I am very grateful. Easter can be celebrated in so many ways. It seems throughout my years there has been everything from family get togethers, Easter egg hunts, midnight mass (at boarding school), Church services, and time spent alone.

My hope for each of us would be that if nothing else we each take this time to look at our lives, remember what is important, and appreciate what we have, the blessings we have been given. I try really hard to be a positive person and be grateful for the things I have, for the MANY blessings I have been given, but this illness can sometimes give you a dose of depression that creates a negative force; a low-self esteem. I want to make it my goal this Easter to be grateful for all of my blessings, to have faith, look for guidance and know that things will be okay. I hope that you all can also find a way to have a positive outlook for the future. Find a way to leave the negative in the past.......where it belongs. Today is a new day, let's move forward with that!

It is spring outside. Another great benefit to this time of year. The flowers are blooming. It is so beautiful. I think I need to try harder to have fresh flowers in my house always. I used to do that. When I was sick the first time (when I went through chemo) I went out of my way to always have fresh flowers on my dining room table. Then it just stuck with me. Even after I was okay, every other week I just went in and bought the flowers. Somehow it seemed to liven up the place. I have a couple of plants, but they don't seem to do the same thing. Maybe I should start to do that again! I did get some flowers for Easter, and they look so nice. Daisys! They are such a friendly looking flower. Tulips are my favorites though.....well, maybe I think I love them all, well, except carnations. Never really took to those, they are okay as a filler, but not my favorite. I like the more exotic flowers.

Next order of business....the gym membership. So, the sun is out, flowers on the table each week, open the blinds (so it is not so dark inside - need to be better about this), and get to swimming. That should help to bring about a more positive outlook on things. Then my next goal, is to feel well enough to start taking Buddy out for daily walks (currently Nathan does this as I can't go far). That would be grand!

I hope you are all doing well. Please enjoy yourself this Easter holiday. Get some much needed rest and relaxation. Take care.

0 comments:


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com