This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Peace & Quiet

Today was a quiet day. There was not a whole lot that I needed to do. After spending the day with my mom yesterday (we ended up not going to breakfast or the movies, but stayed in as she was not really in the mood to go out, instead we rented a couple of movies and just hung out) I came home to do my Avonex injection. It was late, about 9:00 at night before I got home, so by time I was able to do my injection it was just past 10:00. I think that really helped, by time my typical aches & pains from the injections were to kick in I was deep asleep, and I was so tired last night, as I had a long weekend!

My injection, surprisingly enough has not been to bad this time :) I have had minimal pain and fatigue. I have really tried to just stay down today. I got Nate up this morning for school and he was not feeling good, so I called the school and we both went back to bed. I slept in till about 9:30, got up had some breakfast and then have spent the rest of the day just relaxing. Watched some TV.....I have just basically just hung out today.

I have had a bit of a headache and my back has been bothering me, but it seems that the constant ibuprophen every 4-6 hours along with some icyhot does the trick. Hopefully this means my body is finally getting used to the Avonex! That would be nice. I won't hold my breath just yet though. So far it has been an up and down ride with the Avonex (one week I seem to do okay, another not so good), but I am hopeful that one day it will all pay off. :)

This week is not too busy. I have an appointment with the nutritionist tomorrow, besides that the day should be pretty quiet as well.

I hope you all get some peace and quiet this week. A little rest and relaxation is good for us all! Take care.

4 comments:

personallog! said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Its so good to read that you are looking after each other and taking it easy. Enjoy it!

Dave
xxx

mdmhvonpa said...

My injection, surprisingly enough has not been to bad this time :) I have had minimal pain and fatigue.

Celebrate the small blessings. Perhaps moving your A Inject to 10pm from now on would be prudent!

Jaime said...

Dave,

It was nice to just hang out and not do anything for once! I hope you are feeling well. Please take care.

Jaime

Jaime said...

mdmhvonpa,

I am not sure what it is that allowed my injection to cooperate this time, but whatever it was, I am indeed grateful!

I had been taking my injections at 9pm on Fridays in order to give myself the weekend to recover, but maybe I need to move it to 10pm on Sundays. Maybe the key is being that I am more active over the weekend, therefore more tired come Sunday night and so I am able to sleep better through what may come.

Hmmm...I would certainly love to have my weekends back! I just always thought it would be easier on Nate if I was available to him during the week. It did not seem to cause problems this week, I think I will give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion! I hope you are well. Take care.

Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com