This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

The Sun Is Shining......

The sun is shining and it is HOT! It is just past 8 p.m. and still 97 degrees outside! We are definitely in for a HOT summer this year. It is a good thing that I have a pool where I live. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time both in the pool and indoors where the house is cooled from the air conditioning.

I have been taking time for myself this week (a first). My appointments have been limited to just a couple for me and one for Nathan, so I figured I would try and relax, not to mention catch up on some TV, and what a week to do that! With all of the season finales happening, I have been glued to my TV set, lol. Some very intense (I have a feeling about 24) and others just outright emotional (Grey's Anatomy, made my cry). I have a DVR system (very much like TiVo) so I have spent some time getting caught up. It has been nice, to just sit around and do nothing for a change. To not have to worry about a bunch of things that I NEEDED to get done. That is a welcoming change, if I do say so.

Of course it won't last for long. There are always things to do. I have a housing inspection coming up soon (for the disability) and so I need to make sure that I get my son's room up to par this weekend. For a 11 year old, he is not too bad, but I still want to make sure I have cleaned it myself. I am a bit OCD when it comes to things like this. The rest of my house is pretty much always in order (like I said a bit OCD about this, I guess I figure I don't always feel good so I try to keep it in order as much as I can so I don't get stuck when I don't feel good) and the inspection won't be for another couple of weeks, but I figured this would be a good time to do it because he will be gone Friday night and most of the day Saturday. He is going camping with his Boy Scout troop.

Some good news to report. My eating more is working. I have lost 3 1/2 lbs, which is not much, but it is good news because I have not gained or lost weight in a long time. Turns out I was eating healthy (just the same as now) but not enough so I was only taking in about 700-900 calories a day, not good. She had me eat more and over the last couple of weeks I have increased to an average of 1000-1100 (one day made it to 1200) calories a day. That is better but I still need to eat more. I should be around 1800 calories ideally, but she would be happy if I could just eat around 1200-1400 a day. I really am trying too. It is amazing how hard it is to eat healthy and that much food. I feel like all I do is eat and I still am not getting enough? That is crazy! But, it seems to be working, and to think that once I can get in the pool (opens May 27th) and start swimming everyday, that will help too!

I am not sure how much more of this heat my body can take honestly. Hopefully I do not get any of the dreaded Uthoff's Syndrome. This is where I have to think positive. My injection was good this week, the sun is shining, and I am feeling pretty good. All things to be happy about. :) I hope you are all doing well.......and not too over heated. Take care!

Music Video Codes By Musicjesus.com

3 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Holy Bejezuz ... 97!?? Do you live in the high desert?

Jaime said...

I live in Washington State! And, actually I believe they do consider this desert. It is more hot than usual for this time of year, however. I can only imagine what a nightmare it will be come July. Maybe summer has just come early and it won't be so bad? Probably not. I guess I will be spending my summer with lots of pooltime and indoors with the air on. :)

I hope you are well. Take care.

Jaime

personallog! said...

Stay cool babe! Get the air on!

Dave


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com