This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Rest, Relaxation..........Recovering From Avonex (kind of)

It will be nice to have my weekends back and having to take a day in the middle of the week to rest won't be so bad, but I am not sure that I really got my dose of Avonex this week. My injection did not actually cooperate!

I usually do my injections quite late because I was told that if I take ibuprofen about an hour before my injection and then again when I do my injection and take my injection late at night then it will help reduce my side effects (the thinking is that I can sleep through some of the symptoms). As my body gets used to the medication, this works better, but last night when I went to do my injection, complication! The stupid plunger (I think that is what it is called) on the syringe did not want to work. I am not sure if I am just too weak or what, but I did everything like I always do. My leg was nice and iced up...needle had been sitting out for an hour (room temperature) and everything was ready just like always. I got the needle in my leg and no matter how hard I pushed down on the plunger thinggy it would not bugde! I had to take it out and redo it like three times, talk about OUCH! It took every bit of strength for me to get that stupid injection in me (not to mention a good 1/2 hour or so to get the liquid pushed through the needle). I never want that type of experience again!

Needless to say I got the injection done and it was close to 1 in the morning by time I was able to finally get to sleep (after all that). I had a hard time sleeping so I was up around 6:30-7 this morning...which worked out okay since Buddy needed to go out anyway. I got up did breakfast and tried to go to bed....no such luck. I am not sure if I even got my full dose of Avonex though. I figured with that type of situation I would definitely have my usual side effects....I think that God must have been feeling sorry for me (watching me trying to get that stupid medicine in me must have been quite a sight) so He must be giving me a break as I am actually doing pretty good today! :) Just to be on the safe side (and seeing how it is about 97`...much better than yesterday) I figured I would take it easy today and stay inside. I am tired but can't seem to sleep (go figure...when you want to you can't, lol). I do have a headache, some pain (not too bad) and FINALLY I am cooled off. I am not sure if I am having chills or if my being cold today has to do with how low my A/C was all night, lol, either way I am not complaining since it has been hot out, whatever it is I am just glad to have a break from the heat! :)

My parents rented some movies the other day and so when I dropped Nate off yesterday they let me borrow them. They said the movies were really good! I also had a coupon for a free movie over at Blockbuster and seeing how there is nothing good to watch on TV during the day (isn't that sad...over 100 channels and nothing worth watching, pathetic) I went and rented Failure to Launch (chick flick, yes, supposed to be really good). Anyway, I am taking their word for it that the others are good and I'm staying in, relaxing, and watching movies! Also, since Nate is over at their house this gives me the chance to watch something that is not a disney movie, cartoon, or other kid movie/TV show! If you are a parent, you know what I am talking about. I love to hang out with my son, but sometimes those types of movies/shows get old. Hanging out with him, however...never gets old! So, here is the list...I am not sure if I will get around to them all today (good thing Blockbuster rents for a week now)...I have


Well....I hope that you are all having a good Wednesday and can take it easy today! :) Try and stay cool! Take care.

8 comments:

Matt said...

a note to jaime: my blog is gonna have to dissapear for a few days. i'll keep reading yours tho and let you know when it's back up.

Jaime said...

Matt,

I hope that everything is okay! Please let me know as soon as you are back up and running. Please take care of yourself. :)

Jaime

personallog! said...

Jaime,

Hi babe, Hope you had a good time with the movies and you are keeping cool. Get some rest babe and I will speak to you soon!
Love ya
Dave

Anonymous said...

I have had that same problem with Avonex. It got to the point that it always seemed like the plunger thingy was stuck! I finally would push a tiny bit out of the needle before I injected and that seems to have helped with the 'stuck' problem. Have you tried that? =o)

BTW...nothing in the world really helps me with the side effects. Maybe the tylenol/advit does help very little, but in reality, I'm still miserable come shot recuperation day! lol

Iain Dughlais said...

OUCH! :(

Jaime said...

Dave,
It is funny that you mention the keeping cool thing because now I can't seem to keep warm....always something, eh? LOL The movies are good and from the looks of it I will have some time to watch movies and relax (thanks to this MS of mine). Thanks for everything! You are the best! Love ya always! xoxo

Jaime

Jaime said...

Suzy,
That is interesting to hear! When I was in the ER today I mentioned to the doc that I had problems with the Avonex and she said that they here of problems with those meds a lot because they make them in mass-production (all the MS meds aparently)! She said basically to do just what you said...you are a very smart woman! :) I will start to do that before all of my injections! Thanks for the tip. I NEVER want to go through that again! Not fun.

As far as the side effects....it seems as if they have a mind of their own. Some weeks I do better than others, I just never know which week is going to be the good one or bad one. I was doing really well until last week...but it seems I am having a flare (or the beginning of one) so maybe that is why. For me Avonex only seems to make the flares worse (not sure why...but it does). Go figure!

I hope you are well. Take care.

Jaime

Jaime said...

Doug,
OUCH is right! I never want to go through that again. But, what do you do...you can't go without right, reseach shows the medicine really does help, so what are the options? Grin it and bare it I guess! :\ LOL

Or as you said very well on your blog (which I happened to LOVE) NEEDLES SUCK DONKEY BALLS! You gotta love that saying!

I was really glad to hear you are doing better. I hope you continue to do better with each day! Take care.

Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com