This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

It's HOT Outside!

Another HOT day today! I spent most of the day inside with the air on. Nate had his appointment with his counselor and so we had to go out (and of course it had to be at the hotest part of the day...or at least it seemed that way). I am not sure just how high it got today but when I was on my way back from dropping him off at my parents house I saw a sign that said it was 109`. I think those signs are not quite accurate though because they draw more heat from the pavement...maybe it is, who knows. Once it gets much above 95-100 it all feels the same to me...TOO HOT! Supposedly the rest of the week is supposed to start to cool off (well, if you count in the 90's cooling off, lol). Summer is in full swing that is for sure.


The thing that cracks me up about the whole thing is that this MUST be due to global warming or something. It is not like I live in Arizona or something where you would expect these types of temperatures, this is Richland, Washington...right on the Columbia and Snaker Rivers. You would think it would be cooler than this...nope! Not even a breeze!

Nate is staying the night at my parents tonight and I am taking my injection (Avonex) on Tuesdays now! I guess we will just have to see how it goes. Hopefully it won't make too much of a difference to do it on a Tuesday, rather than a Sunday. It just means that instead of keeping my Mondays free (to heal from the side effects) now I have to keep Wednesdays open. More importantly I am hoping this will help Nathan to not be around. He is kind of funny sometimes about the idea of not being here when I am sick (even though he doesn't like to see me sick), poor kid is so confused. He wants to help me but it is hard for him to see it. I hate how this effects him. We will get through it together though!

Well...my Avonex has been sitting out for about an hour now (so it should be well to room temperature) so I am off to take my injection. I hope you are all doing well. Please take care. Have a good night!

4 comments:

personallog! said...

Good luck with the injection and stay well. Love ya!
Dave

Anonymous said...

You've give the term "Hump Day" (Wednesdays) a whole, new meaning! Perhaps in regard to Avonex it should now be called "Lump Day"...just a thought. LOL

Linda D. in Cooling Down Seattle

Jaime said...

Dave,
You are always watching out for me! You are such a sweetheart! Love ya! Thanks for ALWAYS being here! :)
Jaime

Jaime said...

Linda,

Maybe you are on to something! Fortunately I did not have too bad of a time with my Avonex this time (quick...knock on wood!) however, I am not sure I got the whole dose, seeing I had some issues with the stupid needle/plunger, etc. (see today's posting - 6/28)! Oh well...I am sure it was good enough, and I am thankful I am not real sick. :)

I hope you are doing well. Stay cool!

Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com