This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

What A Weekend!

Friday started with me finding out that my echo is normal. This is great news as I really don't need anything else to worry about (or any more medical problems). My neuro's office is now just trying to find a place for me to have the Novantrone and I will be all set. The preference is to do it at the hospital, but it will just all depend on if they have an infusion center and the ability to infuse Novantrone. So now I am just waiting for the call to tell me when and where to go for my first treatment.

I am a little nervous about taking this medication as I have heard it can make you very sick for a few days (just like any chemo can) and I worry how I am supposed to do everything if I am weak and sick. I am a single mom so I don't have someone to help me with the cooking, cleaning, getting my son ready in the morning and off to school, etc. Everything will be just fine, just as it always is. Some how I will manage...I just remember what it was like when I was sick before. I guess you could say I am not looking forward to that part of it. I am however hopeful that this will work and maybe in a few treatments I will feel better than I have in a long time. I am hopeful that this will slow down my MS and then maybe I will respond to Copaxone.

Nathan's guitar arrived on Friday. It is beautiful! He was so excited. He walked in from his football practice and I had it all set up. His jaw dropped and he ran to it, took it out of the case and started to play it. It will take a while to get the hang of it but I am sure he will be great! He is so excited about it that I just know he will do well as long as he sticks with it.

Saturday was a wonderful day! Nathan had his football game against the Prosser Mustangs. Prosser is one of the biggest football towns in this area and is known for being the best! They were of course nervous about playing Prosser, but guess what...they won! Score: 32 - 25. It was such an exciting game. In the last 20 seconds Nate's team tied up the game and it went into overtime. Who knew kids football could be so exciting to watch! Sunday was a day to rest and relax. We watched a some TV and just hung out at home. Nothing big!

I hope all of you had a great weekend and the week to come is wonderful as well. Take care!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your cardiac status is good and also that you are feeling positive about the Novantrone...good luck on the infusion!!!

Linda D. in Seattle

mdmhvonpa said...

Sounds like Nate is having a pretty good week. Excellent work Mom.

Jaime said...

Thanks Linda, it sure is a relief to know I have at least one organ that works propery (oops, I probably just jinxed myself). LOL As far as the Novantrone is concerned I figure I have one of two options...be positive or negative...I have enough problems naturally (don't know who I pissed off in a previous life, but I am sorry already, lol) so I figure thinking positive is the way to go. :)

Jaime said...

Mdmhvonpa, Thanks for the kudos! Being a parent is not always an easy job so weekends like this are wonderful.


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com