This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

New Template

I decided to change my template this morning. I came across this website that offered templates for blogger and when I saw this one it just stuck with me. I am not really sure yet if I will keep it as I am just kind of trying it on for size (if you will) so let me know what you think.

I have always thought there was something to the dragonfly so I did a little research this morning and this is what I found out. Dragonflies have been around for many years...in fact they are one of the oldest living group of insects on earth. Over the years people have had many thoughts about dragonflies. Many years ago the Japanese thought of them as a good luck charm, so much so that they became an emblem of the emperor. The Mimbres people of the American southwest painted the dragonfly on ceremonial pottery as a symbol of life, and The Zuni people believed the dragonflies to be a messenger of the Gods. They symbolize change, illusion, both strength as well as weakness. They are unpredictable and unstable but are always able to adjust to their surroundings (perhaps this is why they are one of the longest living insects to ever survive). Their colors are a result of reflecting and refracting the power of light. As a result, they are associated with color magic, illusion in causing others only to see what you wish.

Some people who have the dragonfly as their totem have had emotional and passionate early years, but as they get older they achieve balance with mental clarity and control. They are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity. They are reminders that we are light and can reflect the light in powerful ways if we choose to do so. "Let there be light" is the divine prompting to use the creative imagination as a force within your life. They help you to see through your illusions and allow your own light to shine in a new vision.

3 comments:

personallog! said...

Dragonfly setup is cool!
I was born in the year of the dragon...So what does that mean?

Loving the new look!
Dave

Jaime said...

Dave,
I was also born in the year of the Dragon. Not sure what that means...maybe I need to look that up. I know I have read about it from time to time when I have been out for chinese.
Jaime

BRAINCHEESE said...

Very nice and inspiring!

Linda D. in Seattle


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com