This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Adam Szkudlarek

You may have noticed that for the past month or so I have been playing music exclusively by Adam Szkudlarek. And, you may have asked yourselves who is that, as you have not ever heard of him on the radio or at the local CD store. Adam was a friend of our family.

He came into our lives about fifteen years ago when he married the daughter of my parents best friends. Adam was a carpenter by trade, but music was his passion. He was in several bands around the Seattle area in his youth, but since we have known him, he played for family and friends, but mostly for himself. He could play and sing for hours on end without caring if anyone was listening. Almost every Sunday he hosted a jam session in a grove of old cedar trees in his back yard. At times as many as 35 musicians showed up. The CD these songs came from was recorded in a studio he built in his home, Shed Alley.

Adam especially loved singing Christmas songs and recorded this CD because one year while my parents were spending the holidays with their family (which my family did for many years) my dad pestered him into recording a Christmas CD. His daughters also sing on some of the songs. Listening to his music again brings back many wonderful memories.

This CD was recorded for the Christmas of 2003. Adam was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in February of 2004 and passed away in August of 2004 at the age of 48.


For a final song this holiday season I leave you with one that had so much meaning for Adam. Both of Adam's parents were survivors of concentration camps during WWII and so this song struck him on a personal level.

0 comments:


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com