This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

MS Walk 2007

*Click for MS Walk slide show!
The MS Walk - Kennewick was a great success! I am so proud of my team. They really came through for the NMSS. Grand total: just under $3000. :)

The day itself turned out to be a good one (although we were wet!). I arrived at the site at 7am in order to help set up. I was amazed to see how many people were already there working to make the walk run smoothly. I am not sure the actual number of people who showed up to walk, but there must have been around 400 of us. Considering it was raining this is great! Personally I did not mind the rain as it helped me to stay cool. Unfortunately I think my dad ended up with a cold though. Anyway, we had a DJ, lots of information from the various drug companies, a new tent called the MS Experience tent (which I worked in), a face painter, massage therapist, and more.

Not all of my team was able to be together for the walk. The kids arrived late (I think they slept in, lol) and one of my team members I have never met. Then I had a couple people on my team that were unable to walk due to having to work that day/medical conditions that prevented them from walking. Over all I ended up with 17 people on my team. Not too bad for the first year! I think next year I need to start earlier in the year in order to raise even more money. I am very pleased with how well everything came together and how much we raised. I am so grateful for the support that I have been given by my family and friends as well as from my sponsors, Aztlan Sportsware, Snipes Mountain Brewery, & Madscientist Graphics!

By the way, Aztlan Sportsware made our shirts and they gave me a few extras. Taking a note from Kim at Mandatory Rest Period, I have decided to auction them off in order to raise even more money! I will let you know as soon as I have it all set up for auction. In the meantime, I hope that you are all doing well and having a great weekend. Take care of yourselves. :)

3 comments:

mouse said...

Congratulation Jaime! You are such a great inspiration. You seem like the energizer bunny!

Jaime said...

You are so sweet! I'm pretty sure that I am just doing what we all do though. Try to raise awareness and $ for those of us with MS.

I am not sure if I had to work still that I could do this. I get pretty tired as it is, fortunately the Novantrone helps! :) I hope you are doing well. Take care of yourself.

Jaime

personallog! said...

I am proud to know you! Well done you rock.

Love and hugs
Dave


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com