This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Larry!

Recently I have had the honor of being on the planning committee for a camp for kids with a parent/grandparent who have MS. When in the process of planning the camp, it occurred to me that Larry the Lesion would be a great mascot for kids everywhere. Thanks to Kim at Mandatory Rest Period, who donated Larry to us, and Chuck at VideoCDM.com who created Larry! This is going to be great.


So, I wanted to share just a bit about what Larry was used for. We have developed a program where kids can write to Larry (on Larry stationary no less) to get all their MS questions answered.....or just to vent. The kids at camp all get Larry stationary and will get letters back from Larry with their questions answered. Larry will become a sort-of support system for them! Anyway, I am so excited to see how it all turns out and I will let you all know. Once again, I can't thank Kim and Chuck enough. You guys rock! And, who knows....maybe one day he will become the official mascot for kids dealing with MS everywhere! :)

4 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Well now, I suppose Larry is good for SOMETHING now, eh?

personallog! said...

Your a star. I am so proud to wear my T-shirt with larry on. Thanks Kim,Chuck and you aswell Jaime.

Dave

Stephen said...

i love the idea of the camp for kids/families dealing with ms. what a great idea. thanks for doing it, and for sharing the idea.

Anonymous said...

Jaime - I can't wait to see how it all goes over and how the kids will colour him too. So cute! :)


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com