This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Where to begin.....

Where do I begin. I feel as if I have been out of touch with the world in so many ways. I can't believe how much time has gone by since I wrote anything. First, let me say that all of you have been in my thoughts. I hope that everyone is doing well. I really appreciate the emails and comments left. I am sorry that it has taken me so long to respond or to write anything.

The summer was not all that kind to me and my health. As a matter of fact I am still struggling to get back to my old self. I am feeling better though. I am very fatigued and it does not take much to wipe me out. As you are aware from my last posting in July I spent sometime in the hospital. At the time it was determined that I was having muscle spasms in my chest wall. It turned out that the spasms were also happening in my smooth muscles. In particular I have been having esophageal spasms, which make it difficult to breathe. Fortunatelly, my GI doc was able to give me something to help when I have them, and they are not happening much anymore.

As you are all aware, when you have MS and you are not feeling well (even when not MS related) our MS symptoms get worse. This is very much what has happened to me. Not to mention I just don't seem to be responding to the Novantrone as well anymore. I have been on it for a year, and I think maybe my body is just getting used to it. My last couple of IVSM treatments have not worked so well either. Anyway, after not feeling well for so long, I made a decision to take a different approach to my healthcare. I went to see a Naturopathic Doctor and I have to say for the first time in a long time I feel encouraged about the future of my health. Don't get me wrong. My healthcare team is top notch! And, they are doing all they can to help me. Sometimes though I think we just need to think outside of the box. I go in this afternoon for some bloodwork. She is also doing a hair test and blood allergy testing. Anyway, I am very excited to see how all of this turns out and hopeful that maybe we can finally get some answers as to what may help me feel better.

My health is not the only thing that has been keeping me away however. My computer is a big part of that as well. I have not used my desktop computer in a long time because I relied so much on my laptop. That was really my main computer. So, 6 months ago when the power supply when out in my desktop I figured I did not really need it and could wait to fix it. Problem is that my laptop is now on the fritz (and has been since this past summer). It turns out that my problem is actually typical for laptops. The plug-in needs to be replaced, but I also have to get the laptop fixed as I would push in the plug-in and so the piece of computer where I plug in my cord has been pushed into the computer and they will not connect to keep a charge. I am sure it is not all that difficult to fix, I just don't feel comfortable taking apart my laptop to fix it. So, I am waiting to have it fixed. It is still in good working condition but it is outdated. So, I am thinking in January once I get through Nate's birthday and the holidays that I will just buy a new one! :)

Until then I will be very much hit and miss when it comes to the computer. So, if I don't get the chance to say it, I hope you are all doing well, have a great holiday season and please keep in touch. Till next time.......

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Nice to meet you!!

mdmhvonpa said...

Sorry you hit such a rough patch, but it's good to see you back again. Whatever you can manage is more than enough! :D

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you Jamie... I'm glad your on the mend and look forward to hearing how the more natural stuff helps you.

BRAINCHEESE said...

Glad you're back!

Linda D. in Seattle

Vicki said...

You hit whenever the hitting feels good. We all miss sometimes. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Jaime,

I hope you are feeling better and that things are getting somewhat back to normal, or whatever that is. I know how you feel as I have been struggling as well.

All I can do is offer up prayers for you and ask the same. We need to hang in together and see each other through...and I'm here if you need me. =)


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com