This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Advocacy Day Cancelled.......

For me and anyone else on this side of the mountains, Advocacy Day became a no go. Just look at the picture. It is nuts up there! The pass only opened for a short 4 hours yesterday and then had to be closed due to a snow slide that took out all the western lanes. The latest report shows that the pass will be closed at least through Friday at 9am when the WSDOT can re-evaluate the danger. Honestly, I can't remember the last time we got this much snow. Here in Richland the snow is just lingering. Most of it has melted. Now it is just windy and cold.

Yesterday I spent some time on the phone with the legislators offices since we were no longer going to be able to make the trip. I had a nice talk with Rep. Shirley Hankins Aide, Jane, who also has MS. I was very much looking forward to meeting her as she was out sick last year when we were there. She stated that once the sessions are over we should be able to make appointments to meet with the legislators here in the Tri-cities. They live here and unless they are in session they are here. So, that made me feel better about not being able to make it. I just feel it is so important to be able to sit down one on one and talk to them about issues that effect us. Knowing that we will still have that opportunity is a good feeling. I was pretty much told the same thing by the other legislator's Aides. And, as you may have guessed, we were not the only ones to cancel due to the weather.

3 comments:

BRAINCHEESE said...

Passes are STILL closed! Good thing I never go more than 5 miles from my home...sigh...LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

mdmhvonpa said...

Well at least you won't have legions of us worrying about you trying to make it through!

Diane J Standiford said...

Yeah, it has been rough. She has MS? We are everywhere. :-)


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com