This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

You've got to be kidding........

Hopefully this finds all of you doing much better than I am. I am writing this post from the luxurious Kadlec Medical Center. That's right. In the damn hospital again. This time however has nothing to do with my MS. At least not to our knowlege.

Thursday I was having some pain in my side, but seeing how I have a liver condition, just figured it was my liver and tried to not think too much about it. That was until Friday when at a MS team recruitment table we had at the Court Club, I started to not feel good, at all. Lenita mentioned that my checks were getting really red and other than that I was pale. So, after talking to my doctors office, off to the Urgent Care for me. The doctor did a chest x-ray and I do not have pneumonia. He did not do any labs and told me that I probably have some kind of infection. He wrote me an RX for an antibiotic and sent me home. By Friday night I was running a fever between 101` & 102`. And lets not even talk about how I have had nothing to eat since Thursday night.

The fever finally broke Sunday afternoon. I figured this meant the antibiotic was doing its job. Problem is come Monday morning I still could not hold down anything (not even water or toast). After talking to my Primary Care Doctor, it was off to the ER for me. He was worried I was dehydrated (which I was....and probably still am in some respects). After a battery of tests, it turns out that not only are my liver enzymes elevated, so are the pancreas enzymes. This lead to more tests, which in turn lead to me being admitted. It was finally determined that I have Bronchitis and Acute Pancreatitis. Turns out the best treatment for the pancreas is to leave it alone. In every way possible. Which means no food or drink for me until the numbers start to go down, and then I will have to start eating slowly with a liquid diet. Fun...NOT! Luckily because of the Bronchitis and all the coughing they are letting me have ice chips from time to time.

Can I just say how sick and tired I am of always being sick and tired! This really sucks! So, as you can see I am hoping that you are all doing better than I am. I don't plan on being on the computer too much while I am in here, but Justin brought it for me as a distraction to the pain.

4 comments:

Mima said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't doing so well, my thoughts are with you.

Christina K Brown said...

oh I am soooo sorry
!!!!!33333.

Charles-A. Rovira said...

Sorry to hear about your non-voluntary and medically enforced quick weight loss program.

Jaime said...

Christina,
It is so good to hear from you. I hope you and your family are doing well. Now I just need to get better so that we can all walk together in April!


Charles,
No kidding! This was not the weight loss program I had planned on. It sucks! Finally I am starting to get my appetite back and I can't eat anything. I hope you are doing well.

Take care,
Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com