This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Good News, Bad News.....

Good news.....my Bronchitis is getting better. My cough is not as often, my shortness of breath is almost gone, and my lungs are working much better! This is great.

Bad news.....They are not sure what is going on with my pancreas. I am going in for a CT Scan in a little while. Apparently my blood work is not all that great. My white blood cells are really low and so they have called in my Oncologist to come see me. I am hoping that he will have some ideas. The lab people were just in and did some more labs. I know one of them was an LDH (checks for tissue damage and indicates tumor markers) and the others were specialized tests that have to be sent out. I am not sure what they are, but I will find out soon enough.

So, why am I on my computer while I am at the hospital? The answer is that it is a great distraction. The hospital has WiFi and so what better way to distract me.

As of last night I have been upgraded to a clear liquid diet rather than just ice. Unfortuantely most of the stuff on the clear liquid diet is high in sugar and salt. The salt is not the worst for me at this point. The sugar is. Since the pancreas is the organ that puts out insilin and I am on both Solu-Medrol and as of today oral prednisone the last thing I need another reason to raise my glucose. The dietician came in and they were nice enough to get together a splenda clear liquid diet for me. Then she will help to transintion me back into real food as my body can take it.

As much as I have been trying to loose weight by eating better and exercising as able, this is not the plan I had for doing that. I am not sure what my weight it right now, but they did check my weight when I was admitted and I had lost like 7 lbs over the weekend. Crazy!

I hope all of you are doing well. Take care and I will update as I get more news.

3 comments:

BRAINCHEESE said...

Be well soon, my friend...thinking of you.

Linda D. in Seattle

Mima said...

I'm a fellow MSer, but can't imagine what you are going through at the moment, I have my fingers crossed with all the tests, and hope that they manage to get you sorted really quickly. I am also bed bound, and find that blogland is a great place to spend some time getting to know people and learning about their lives too!!

Diane J Standiford said...

Stay strong. You are in my prayers.


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com