This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Sore!

I am trying very hard to get healthier and a part of that is increasing the amount of exercise that I get. Yesterday I walked a mile and a half. I was surprised at how hard it was. Part of the difficulty was because I have this horrible cold and unless I am constantly using cough drops, I cough. The other reason is because we took Lenita's dog, Hoppy, with us. He walked really fast the first lap around. The second lap though he was thinking differently, as was I. I was happy to be there, happy that I was doing well enough I could do the walking, and determined to be able to do what I can to get more healthy and feel better. What was funny though is that the second lap around Hoppy kept trying to lie down in the grass. He is so cute! A big dog though and needs his exercise (as do I).

Lenita has three dogs and I have one. So, we have decided to rotate so that all the dogs get the chance to come and walk with us. Eventually I am sure we will take more than one dog at a time, but for now we are starting with just one. Anyway, we walked a mile and a half and I am sore. Not sore in the way I expected though. My legs don't really hurt.....I am actually doing quite well. It is the bottom of my feet. They are VERY sore. Maybe I need different shoes? I'm not sure, but I do have a couple pairs of walking shoes and so I will try a different pair tomorrow. Hopefully that will do the trick.

So, enough about that! Next week I am going to Yakima for a NMSS program. It is a research symposium about Nervous System Repair & Protection. It should be good. There are 4 of us from the Tri-Cities that are going to attend. Lenita, Donna, Laura, and I have decided to go and make a day of it. Should be fun, not to mention educational. I will update all of you on what I learn!

Other than that, not much is going on right now. I am still trying to get over this cold. My sister's birthday was on Tuesday and so we are having a BBQ to celebrate her birthday with the family on Saturday. Next week brings the typical....appointments, walking, and of course the trip to Yakima. I hope you are all doing well. Take care of yourselves and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Be careful with the dogs ... with 2, they tend to egg each-other on and you may find yourself flat on your back!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are able to walk, and that you take advantage of it. the trip to yakima sounds good, too. enjoy!

Christina K Brown said...

just stole a few moments to stop in and see how you have been!!!!!


Great job on the walking!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!


xxooxxoo

Blinders Off said...

Jaime:

You were guided to my sight at a time I need to hear about the new treatments that are soon to be available, thank you for sharing the information.

I hope you are over your cold. Thanks for the link and I will do the same.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime,

That's correct.

I am living with these problems every day for more than 10 years already.

Every MS-er must to learn to live with it


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com