This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

It's Gonna Be a HOT one!

Summer is not officially here, but it has arrived. I am not sure what the current temp is here in Richland, but my A/C has been on full-force for a good week now. I even had to break out the cooling vest and let me tell you....it has been well used and I need a new one.

Today is not as bad as the last week has been. I looked on the weather channel and it was 100` on Saturday....may have even been a bit over 100`. Crazy right???? It has been in the 90's every day and I am sure it is pretty close to that today. With temps like this already, it is sure to be a hot one this summer. Needless to say I am getting things together so I can get myself a new cooling vest. Those things are a life saver!

Nathan spent all weekend down at the river and with a friend who has a pool. I think he had the right idea. That is one thing I am definitely going to miss about not being in an apartment. My old place had a pool, that was very well taken care of and hardly anyone used....I used it though. This summer I am going to have to get a membership or something in order to go and swim. The public pool is just down the road but I am not sure that I want to go and swim with a bunch of screaming kids. One way or another though....I am determined to find a way to stay cool outside of the house as I really don't want to spend all summer inside.

Yesterday I was so overheated that I could hardly do anything. I just wanted to sleep and stay in front of the air conditioner. It sucks how the heat really zaps the little amount of energy I actually have. Thank you very much MS! Seriously though, the heat is a pain when you have MS so if you have some suggestions as to great ways to stay cool (and keep MS calm) through the summer....let us all know. Personally I rely on the good ol' cooling equipment....vest, scarves, hats, even bandannas that I soak in water and then wear on my head. If you have a suggestion I would love to hear it. Leave a comment! Take care and stay cool. :)

11 comments:

3carnations said...

A couple times last summer in addition to the heat wiping me out, it also made my fingers swell up. I started taking a benedryl before spending a lot of time outside on a hot day, and it helped a lot.

mdmhvonpa said...

Okay ... here in PA, it was 38 this morning .... ummm, wanna avg that all out? I think we could both live with 74 ... eh?

Jaime said...

Hi 3carnations!
Interesting about the benedryl. I don't think I took much of it last year, but this year I have been taking it on a regular basis....damn allergies! Seems my allergies are worse this year and the only thing that helps is if I add a benedryl to my regular allergy pill. Thanks for the advice. :)
Take care,
Jaime

Jaime said...

Mdmhvonpa, 74 would be pretty much perfect! Any ideas on a way to bribe mother nature into making that happen? :)

Diane J Standiford said...

Gees, you are out THERE. Ugh, Seattle, cool breezes from the Sound/Bay/Lakes and big trees all around me. I still keep fan on, take aspirin, sip on ice water, keep a spray bottle nearby, but my apt. is so cool...I'm lucky. Hang in there---out there.

Jaime said...

Hi Diane! Absolutely love Seattle, but I think I get enough of it with my monthly doctors appointments. I am not sure how I would do with all the rain. I suppose there is no perfect place to stay cool. Seattle is about as moderate as possible for these parts! :) I am seriously considering becoming a snow bird in reverse...winters here where it is more mile and summers in Alaska! I hope you are doing well. Take care!

Miss Chris said...

I hear ya with the heat! Too bad the heats affects you that way. I'm a freak of nature in that I do best in the heat. Luckily, since I live in the desert.

Blinders Off said...

This is going to be a terrible summer the heat index is already unbearable :(

Hopefully, the techniques I used to enjoy the summer over the years work this year.

Mike and Hallie said...

Jaime,

I haven't chatted with you forever. I have your other blog saved in my favorites and finally decided to see if there was more out there about you. Come check us out http://mikeandhallie.blogspot.com

I will try and catch up with all your great writing.

Hallie

Denver Refashionista said...

Hang in there. I hope you can find a good way to beat the heat. I just plugged you on my blog. You rock!

CC said...

How did you test for Gluten Allergies? I am mostly meat and dairy free but am also concerned about Gluten.


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

There was an error in this gadget

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

There was an error in this gadget

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com