This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

It's Gonna Be a HOT one!

Summer is not officially here, but it has arrived. I am not sure what the current temp is here in Richland, but my A/C has been on full-force for a good week now. I even had to break out the cooling vest and let me tell you....it has been well used and I need a new one.

Today is not as bad as the last week has been. I looked on the weather channel and it was 100` on Saturday....may have even been a bit over 100`. Crazy right???? It has been in the 90's every day and I am sure it is pretty close to that today. With temps like this already, it is sure to be a hot one this summer. Needless to say I am getting things together so I can get myself a new cooling vest. Those things are a life saver!

Nathan spent all weekend down at the river and with a friend who has a pool. I think he had the right idea. That is one thing I am definitely going to miss about not being in an apartment. My old place had a pool, that was very well taken care of and hardly anyone used....I used it though. This summer I am going to have to get a membership or something in order to go and swim. The public pool is just down the road but I am not sure that I want to go and swim with a bunch of screaming kids. One way or another though....I am determined to find a way to stay cool outside of the house as I really don't want to spend all summer inside.

Yesterday I was so overheated that I could hardly do anything. I just wanted to sleep and stay in front of the air conditioner. It sucks how the heat really zaps the little amount of energy I actually have. Thank you very much MS! Seriously though, the heat is a pain when you have MS so if you have some suggestions as to great ways to stay cool (and keep MS calm) through the summer....let us all know. Personally I rely on the good ol' cooling equipment....vest, scarves, hats, even bandannas that I soak in water and then wear on my head. If you have a suggestion I would love to hear it. Leave a comment! Take care and stay cool. :)

11 comments:

3carnations said...

A couple times last summer in addition to the heat wiping me out, it also made my fingers swell up. I started taking a benedryl before spending a lot of time outside on a hot day, and it helped a lot.

mdmhvonpa said...

Okay ... here in PA, it was 38 this morning .... ummm, wanna avg that all out? I think we could both live with 74 ... eh?

Jaime said...

Hi 3carnations!
Interesting about the benedryl. I don't think I took much of it last year, but this year I have been taking it on a regular basis....damn allergies! Seems my allergies are worse this year and the only thing that helps is if I add a benedryl to my regular allergy pill. Thanks for the advice. :)
Take care,
Jaime

Jaime said...

Mdmhvonpa, 74 would be pretty much perfect! Any ideas on a way to bribe mother nature into making that happen? :)

Diane J Standiford said...

Gees, you are out THERE. Ugh, Seattle, cool breezes from the Sound/Bay/Lakes and big trees all around me. I still keep fan on, take aspirin, sip on ice water, keep a spray bottle nearby, but my apt. is so cool...I'm lucky. Hang in there---out there.

Jaime said...

Hi Diane! Absolutely love Seattle, but I think I get enough of it with my monthly doctors appointments. I am not sure how I would do with all the rain. I suppose there is no perfect place to stay cool. Seattle is about as moderate as possible for these parts! :) I am seriously considering becoming a snow bird in reverse...winters here where it is more mile and summers in Alaska! I hope you are doing well. Take care!

Miss Chris said...

I hear ya with the heat! Too bad the heats affects you that way. I'm a freak of nature in that I do best in the heat. Luckily, since I live in the desert.

Blinders Off said...

This is going to be a terrible summer the heat index is already unbearable :(

Hopefully, the techniques I used to enjoy the summer over the years work this year.

Hallie Owens said...

Jaime,

I haven't chatted with you forever. I have your other blog saved in my favorites and finally decided to see if there was more out there about you. Come check us out http://mikeandhallie.blogspot.com

I will try and catch up with all your great writing.

Hallie

Denver Refashionista said...

Hang in there. I hope you can find a good way to beat the heat. I just plugged you on my blog. You rock!

CC said...

How did you test for Gluten Allergies? I am mostly meat and dairy free but am also concerned about Gluten.


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com