This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

The Walk, A Survery, and More!

*For a slideshow of the walk, click on the picture above! :)
What a day Saturday turned out to be. It was beautiful, warm, and just the perfect day for our walk. I am not sure what the actual temperature was, but it was in the high 70's even possibly low 80's at one point. And the best part.....this wonderful, sunny weather seems to be sticking around.

The walk itself was great. Everyone on my team (who was supposed to show) was able to make it and the majority of my team walked the whole thing! We had 4 of us on the team this year who have MS. It was so nice to finally meet Christina as well, we have spoke on the phone, exchanged emails, and even planned to get together only something always came up. Her kids are so nice and it was just great to have them there! The start of the walk brought registration, warm-up, a DJ to get everyone going, and a bit of breakfast. Not to mention team pictures! Then there were rest stops along the way which included snacks and water for those who wanted them. All three news stations were there to do a story which was a nice plus as last years walk had very little coverage. After the walk everyone was greeted by a great blues band, Romagossa Blu, playing on stage. They are even donating a portion of their proceeds from their CD to the National MS Society, which is very nice of them. :) Lunch was available as were prizes, face painting, balloon animals for the kids (we even had a clown), and who could forget the massages! Last year I was unable to get a massage so this year I made sure to get there as soon as I got back from walking. The whole event was laid back, fun, and a real success. I am not sure how much money my team raised this year.....last I looked it was around $1300, but more was turned in at the walk. I am so grateful for everyone who has supported my team and the walk. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful group of people who are willing to do what they can for all of us with MS.

Anyway, yesterday brought a day of doing not much of anything. Justin works on the weekend and so he was catching up on sleep (seeing how he worked all night Friday night, went to the walk on Saturday, then worked all Saturday night). I just had my chemo and really am doing my best to take it easy as I don't want to do anything that would make myself sick or back in the hospital. The walk is important, but I have to put my health first, which is why now is rest up and take care of my health time! :)

Before I forget.........I was going to do a completely different post about this, and maybe I will mention it again in a few days, but I was contacted by Kathryn at MediciGlobal about a survey they are conducting. They are working on recruitment materials for an upcoming MS clinical trial, and they would like to get the MS Community's feedback on these materials. They have created a short survey asking about the design and look of the materials, and they would appreciate any feedback you (as someone with MS) can provide. The survey does not include any specific information about the trial, and they will not collect any identifying information....in other words it’s anonymous. If you would like to participate in this survey, you can do so by clicking here! Thanks!

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend and that this week brings more of the best. Take care.

2 comments:

3carnations said...

I did the survey. Thanks!

mdmhvonpa said...

Ditto, surveyed!


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com