This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Health Sucks!

Does it ever end? Seems like there is always something. If it is not the MS, it is something else. The last time I posted I mentioned that I was going to have to return to Seattle for some testing. Well, that is coming up soon. I am very hopeful that they will have some answers for me as I have not been doing the best. I suppose it could always be worse.

So, here is the run down......I just got back from Seattle not too long ago. This week brought a trip to the hospital which led to me loosing a day and a half. I'm not sure if they just gave me too much medication or if this was a result of my MS. Anyway, Sunday I started to have a bit of an ache in my chest and arm, which resulted in a trip to the doctor on Monday. Turns out I have some edema in my legs and needed to start on Lasix. My doc has referred me to a Cardiologist to be on the safe side but I won't get in to see him until November 6th. Anyway, I went back to him for follow-up on Wednesday and everything seemed to be steady. I am tachycardic (high heart rate) but the lasix is working. I lost 5lbs water in just over a day. Crazy!

Wednesday evening however brought a new problem.....or so I thought. Severe, sudden pain in my left upper abdominal area. I called my doc to let him know what was going on and he sent me to the hospital for further evaluation. That was about 8pm. I remember going to the hospital and them accessing my port. I know they took meds and took me in for some x-rays. After that I don't remember anything until I woke up Friday morning. Justin said my spleen is a bit enlarged and my BP was 202/95 with my heart rate in the 130's. They were able to get my BP stable and my heart rate lower (staying in the 110 range) but other than that nothing that was worrisome.

It is Sunday and I seem to be fine. Not sure what was going on! Tomorrow morning we will be leaving for Salt Lake. It is a very busy week. We will be in Salt Lake tomorrow night and Tuesday morning and then in Twin Falls and Boise Tuesday and Wednesday. On the plus side the weather is supposed to be nice! :) Plus, it has been too long since my last visit, so this will be nice, even though it is a quick visit. So, that is it in a nutshell. Hopefully this finds all of you doing well. :)

Oh, by the way....Dave & Jen got married this weekend. Congrats to them! Also, I'm not sure if you have seen this yet, but there is a new drug that looks promising for MS, Alemtuzumab (currently used for cancer) :) It is so promising in fact that the Head of Neuroscience at University of Cambridge claims it is the most promising of any experimental medication and that research shows it to be more effective than the interferon's. Great news indeed!

2 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

HOLY BIRD POO! All that hppened and they made NO diagnose? You're just going on a trip? What the??
that BP/pulse, a SEATTLE hospital?? I have had such bad experiences here with the hospitals. This does NOT sound like MS to me. Gees,Jaime. I wish I owned a house here, you could stay with me.

Denver Refashionista said...

You do have awful luck with your health. It's interesting because I was just writing about how there seems to be a little something every day...


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com