This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Looking up.....

So things are looking up when it comes to my health....or at least I would like to think so. First and best news lately is that all my lymphoma follow-up has come back negative, meaning that I am 3 years cancer free! Yeah!!! Secondly, tomorrow I head back to Seattle to see a Head, Neck, and Throat surgeon for a consult and to discuss possibly having sinus surgery. So, I am not really excited about the idea of surgery, but (and this is a big BUT) my doc thinks that if I have the surgery I can be off 1/2 my meds within a year. This would be GREAT!!! Not to mention the fact that for once I may be able to breathe. Turns out my lung function is only 36%. Not good! However, most of this actually has to do more with my sinuses then my asthma. Or so they think. Tomorrow I will find out.

Thursday, I have a follow-up with my neuro on Thursday and should be able to get back to some kind of treatment for my MS. All of my results will be in and so we can make a plan as to what is next. My guess is that whatever it is will have to start after my surgeries....yes, that is plural. The last thing to be happy about (when it comes to my health) is that my GI doc thinks I need to have a stomach surgery. Okay surgery sucks, but this one is less invasive and not as urgent. It is not laproscopicaly. Turns out some of my health problems (possibly the way I don't absorb nutrients properly, could be why I get such bad cases of nausea and GERD) could be the fact my stomach is an hourglass shape (moved up into the esophagus) when it is supposed to be more of an oval shape. This could explain a lot and my guess is when these things are corrected I will feel tons better. As much as I hate the idea of surgery....whatever works is worth it! Anyway, wish me luck. I will be back Friday and will let you all know what the plan is. Take care!

0 comments:


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com