This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Surgery

We have arrived in Seattle even over the snow filled mountains. I was a bit nervous about making the trip because a supposed "huge" storm was to hit the mountains all weekend. Because of this we decided to make the trip a day early in order to assure we would make it rather than take the chance of getting stuck on the pass when I have to be at the hospital at 10 am. So, nothing to eat or drink after midnight....that is pretty typical and then we have to be at Swedish by 10 am to check in. The surgery is supposed to be around noon and I was told it would take a few hours. Then they are keeping me overnight, so I will be there until sometime on Tuesday. The hotel we are in is really nice. It is a brand new Marriott and should be quite comfortable for the week. We are actually the first people to stay in this room it is so new!

MS wise...for the most part things are okay. The shots still suck, still hurt. I get headaches each morning which may or may not be MS related but over all I really only have a couple of things that have started to happen recently....other than that most of my MS stuff is the norm for me. I have been having these quite painful charley horses (or so I will call them). The first one was in my arm/hand and it actually froze in a place for a while. Since I have had a few more and they are equally as painful but have not lasted quite as long. Then over the last couple of days I have started to have actually charley horses in my legs and today on the way to Seattle very severely in my right ankle, foot, and toes.....even in individual toes. Anyway, it happened just before we got to North Bend and so I figured maybe I just needed to get out and walk. Problem is it was so bad I could not walk.....really sucked! This was about 3 hours ago and although I am walking now and it is better, I still have a bit of cramping in the toes and leg. Strange! Anyway, I hope this is not some new crazy MS thing cause it really does not feel good. Have any of you had this happen?

Well, I hope you are all well. Wish me luck for the surgery...I'm sure it will go well. Take care!

1 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

Good luck with the surgery and recuperation. I have had the charley horses at times but I never have associated them with MS. I wonder...


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com