This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

World AIDS Day

My topic today is a bit different. I want to talk about a very serious illness happening all over the world. AIDS/HIV is becoming a pandemic and it is only through awareness, education, prevention and research that this devastating illness can be stopped. Like MS, there is no cure. There are medications to help manage the illness. However unlike MS this illness can be prevented. We know how this illness is spread, what needs to be done to prevent it and how it can be stopped.

Today is World AIDS Day. I would urge each of you to take some time today to learn a little more about how you can help raise awareness, teach someone about HIV/AIDS, get tested if you are at risk, donate to research if you are able. It is as simple as speaking to your children about the facts. A couple of weeks ago I did a post that was well....shocking. The statistics of teenage STD's and pregnancy have reached an all time high. To find out that the majority of them are getting their "facts" from their friends and not what is actual fact from their parents is upsetting. So, please do what you can today!

A little bit of trivia....I am not sure if you are all aware that one of the MS meds actually came from a HIV/AIDS researcher. Betaseron (not sure if that is what they were going to call it had it been successful for HIV/AIDS) was originally supposed to be used to treat HIV. Somehow during the research phase they came to realize this medication is of benefit for MS. Now I don't know the exact happenings of how it became a MS med, I just know it started out in the research phase for HIV. So, this just tells me that you never really know....some how the research being done for every illness has the potential to help others. Just like how they are now finding meds that help for some cancers and other autoimmune disorders like RA and Lupus also are helpful in MS. Anyway....there is the thought for the day! :) Take care!

0 comments:


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com