This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Waiting.....

I don't have a lot to report at this point. I have finished the stem cell harvesting and now it's just kind of a waiting game....waiting for my blood counts to come back to normal....waiting till my admit date to start the chemo, then transplant.

I had a couple of not so great days after the apheresis, Saturday was probably my worse day. I got very little sleep Friday night and it seemed to take a toll on me....I was so fatigued, weak, just over all not doing well. Fortunately I slept really well Saturday night and Sunday was feeling better. You know how it is with MS....one day can be good, the next bad and then the next day good again. You just never know what your gonna get from day to day. :)

My mother left to go back home last night and so I have been on my own here in Seattle. It has been beautiful here and what I view! I have an awesome view. Today they did the repeat chest x-ray from my aspiration last week and more blood work....they seem to do blood work just about every day. Tomorrow I see my regular neurologist and then Wednesday I have more blood work and an appointment with the transplant team. I am REALLY hoping that they are going to give me the okay to go home for a few days. That would be nice! My son started High School today and I have not seen him in a couple of weeks, so I would really like to see him before I have to be here for the long haul. I should also find out what the plan is for my admit date when meeting with the transplant team Wednesday. We are shooting for the 14th because that would get us through the 15 day waiting period that is required for the stem cells as well as give my family the chance to take care of things they need to do at home.

Well I hope this Monday is treating you all well. As I know more I will fill you in. Take care!

0 comments:


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com