This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Home!

I'm HOME!!!! YAY! I can't tell you how nice it is to be home for a while, even if it is just a little while. :) Unfortunately my house is NO WHERE near the sanitary conditions that it NEEDS to be when I come home after my transplant, so I'm hoping to get some of that started this weekend while I'm here. Then it will be an issue of if my family can keep it that way. LOL I do have a dog and a 14 year old BOY so that could prove to be a bit of a challenge....guess they will just have to learn. :)

This week has been no big deal, really. I had some blood work, an MRI and a clinic visit. I also had just a bit of a problem with my Hickman line. One side did not want to draw. They had to put this medication in to help with clots called TPA (which my nurse tells me is like drano for our veins) and that seemed to do the trick. When the lab did my blood draw this morning a clot came out and then it drew beautifully! They gave me the okay to come home for a few days but I have to be back on Wednesday evening. My 5 day prep for transplant starts on the 10th (Thursday) with lab work and a nasal wash. Friday brings a dental exam, Pulmonary Consult and weekly clinic visit. Then Monday, the 14th, we have the final data review, where I should get instructions as to my admission on Tuesday the 15th. I will update again when I know more.

Until then I will be here at home, enjoying time with my family, friends and dog! I hope that this finds each of you doing well and that you all have a fantastic Labor Day Weekend. Take care!

4 comments:

Webster said...

I thought they already did the dental exam. It sounds like the mouth is a great place for potential infections!

Jaime said...

They did do a dental exam, actually they have done two already. The there is high risk of oral mucositis (which is an inflammation and ulceration that occurs as a result of the chemo), so they watch you really carefully.

Rami Amaro said...

Hi ! I just got into the study & so I really appreciate your blog.

Rami Amaro

The Daily Reviewer said...

Hi!

Congratulations! Your readers have submitted and voted for your blog at The Daily Reviewer. We compiled an exclusive list of the Top 100 multiple sclerosis Blogs, and we are glad to let you know that your blog was included! You can see it at http://thedailyreviewer.com/top/multiple-sclerosis

You can claim your Top 100 Blogs Award here

P.S. This is a one-time notice to let you know your blog was included in one of our Top 100 Blog categories. You might get notices if you are listed in two or more categories.

P.P.S. If for some reason you want your blog removed from our list, just send an email to angelina@thedailyreviewer.com with the subject line "REMOVE" and the link to your blog in the body of the message.

Cheers!

Angelina Mizaki
Selection Committee President
The Daily Reviewer
http://thedailyreviewer.com


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com