This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Day 1....actually considered Day -6

So I have been officially admitted to the transplant unit. I would consider today to be day 1 but apparently the way they word all of this is that the actual day of transplant is your day 0 and so that would make today day -6....the countdown has begun. And when thinking about this whole process I really am not at day 1 because I have been going through this process for quite some time now. I personally would have considered my day 1 as the day I started all the pre-transplant work up at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Anyway....

I was admitted at 9 am and well, it's almost 4 pm now. My chemo has just begun and they tell me it takes about 3 hours. They gave me Zofran to help with the nausea as well as some type of steroid (the nurse told me what it is but for the life of me I just can't remember what it's called....it's not prednisone though, that much I know). Apparently the side effects could come right away, part way through, after or even tomorrow....every patient is different in this respect. My day has been pretty mild considering. After admission a transition nurse came in to meet with me. She gave some good recommendations as to my Hickman line because I am having some issues. Nothing serious, but my skin is VERY sensitive and I am reacting to the tape....seem to react to the dressings, tape, everything and so there is this thing they can use that holds the line in place that uses no tape. Hopefully that will help. Next came my RN, who is fantastic by the way (I have gotten some of the best care ever here in Seattle....as someone who worked in medicine I have to say I am very impressed). She of course has been in and out of my room all day. The doctor's came in and talked to me as did the pharmacist. I don't expect tonight will be real eventful....tomorrow will probably bring more to update.

Speaking of updates. I bookmarked my blog for my mom to access, this way she can update when I am unable to. :) So far things are moving right along though. As I know more....or experience more, one of us will let you know. For now I'm gonna log off and try to get some rest. Take care!

2 comments:

Lupe Montes said...

Jamie,
I hope all goes well. Sorry I have not contacted you since we became friends on Facebook. Tell your Mother and Father I said "hello". If your old man doesn't remember me, I bet he will remember 21 south J street. I will keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery. Take care.

Lupe Montes

Unknown said...

Your in my thoughts Jamie as you head into this journey. Take care!


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com