This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Day -5

It is 4:30p.m. and I am part way through day -5. So far things are going well. I had two different types of chemo this morning, Cytarabine & Etoposide. My nurse has been really good about following up on my nausea and making sure I am pre-medicated, this way how much I get sick is limited. The chemos took about 4 hours and they are given twice a day. My next dose will start at 8p.m. It did make me have an upset stomach and just over all I have not felt very good, however I am responding well to the Zofran and thus far have had no throwing up! I can't ask for more than that.

This is also the chemo that will supposedly make me lose my hair, but so far that has not been the case. Then again, I have only had one dose and these two chemos I will get twice a day for 4 days. I know that at some point the vomiting and hair loss and other side effects will happen but for now I am happy to report I'm tolerating things pretty well. They really encourage eating some throughout the day and up till now I just have had no appetite. They also really encourage walking. Anything to get the blood flowing and prevent blood clots and bed sores! I can't go off this floor for infection control reasons but they tell me that 10 laps (around the hallways) is approximately 1 mile. Of course they don't want me to over do things, so I have been splitting up my walking to a few laps 2-3 times a day. Or at least that's the plan for now. I'm sure as my blood counts drop and I become more week that may change but for now I'm taking advantage of my ability to get up and move around. :)

So I have more chemo coming this evening, tons of pills (to help protect my heart and liver) and Vancomycin, which they just changed to every 8 hours instead of every 12 as my Vanco level they checked this morning was low. As usual I will update as things progress and if I am unable to then one of my parents will. I hope all of you are doing well. Take care!

3 comments:

Webster said...

Stay strong, Jaime, and Be Well. I'm glad they're taking such good care of you.

Rami Amaro said...

Hang in there!

Rami Amaro said...

Have not heard from you in a few days. Hoping that if you are feeling bad that you feel better soon!

Rami


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com