This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

DAYS 3 - 6

This is Jaime's Mom and I am going to give you a short update on the progress of the transplant. We are officially at day +6.

Jaime continues to expereince the side effects of the chemo. She is really sick and the doctors and nurses expect this to continue for the next 6 to 8 days. I feel really badly for Jaime, she is miserable. She has really bad sores in her throat, she can't swallow, she is constantly nauseated and she has diarreah. Just think of the worst flu you could have and mulitply that by 100 and maybe you might come close to how this is for her. She has spiked fevers as high as 104 and is having lots of trouble with the side effects of the antibiotics. She ended up with her body covered in hives this morning and it took awhile to get that under control.

I guess there is something to the saying "no pain, no gain". If that is true than Jaimie is gaining a lot right now.

In spite of everything, we are continuing to look at the end game here. It will all be worth it when Jaime reclaims her life!

The good news is that eventhough she is spiking fevers, it appears that she doesn't have an infection at this time. Also, it appears that her hair is starting to fall out. All of these things are expected, but like having a baby, no one knows what it is like until you actually deliver that bundle of joy.

Wish us luck. We will keep you posted

1 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

Thank you so much for keeping us posted. Tell Jaime we all say Hi from Michigan. We love her and wish her a speedy recovery. We are cheering for her to walk, eat, and do whatever else it takes to get better. Landon is blowing her kisses.


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com