This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

It's HOT! HOT! HOT!

My goodness....is it EVER going to cool down? According to MSN Weather it is supposed to be 107` today. Another day of staying inside with the air on! Nothing big planned today. I did my Avonex last night and I'm happy to report I have had very little side effects (only mild pain and a headache). This is MUCH BETTER than the last few weeks! I have not been doing a whole lot in this extreme heat, except staying indoors, which may be contributing to my feeling better. I am grateful to be feeling better but I miss being able to get out and live life. I think I am going a little stir crazy, lol.

Next month I will be very busy...which should make up for my month of staying indoors. I have two trips to Seattle planned (let's hope I can make both of them). First one will be the first weekend of August. I am taking Nathan to a Dustdevils game the night of August 4th and then to the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium on Saturday, August 5th. We are then going to stay in the Seattle area over the weekend. I have follow up appointments with both my GI (Dr. Shaw) and my Neurologist (Dr. Jung) on Monday, the 7th. Then we will return home!

The next trip will not be a fun one. My grandfather passed away in February and was cremated. My grandparents are snowbirds (live in Northern Idaho in the summer and Arizona in the winter) and his wish was to be laid to rest in Idaho. The memorial service will be the following weekend in Northern Idaho. It has been years since I have been to Spokane and Priest Lake/Priest River, Idaho. I wish I was returning under better circumstances.

The third and final trip will be back to Seattle (assuming by this point I am still able to go....who knows what will happen between now and then). The National MS Society is having a program in Seattle for MS'ers between the age of 18-30 and I was invited to go. I am registered to go with one guest (most likely Justin...only he's not sure if he can get the time off yet). It should be very informative and will help MS'ers learn how to deal with situations like balancing families, friendships, work, college, personal time, etc.

I used to travel a lot and so as long as my body can keep up this should be a lot of fun! I miss being out on the road. Some of that will also depend on the HEAT! If it is anything like this month...I may not be up for all the traveling. I guess I will just have to see how it goes. For now I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get in some good, fun time this summer (even if it does have to coincide with doctors appointments, etc.)

Well, I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I am relaxing....wishing I were able to go out and play (maybe go out and dance...another thing I miss!) One day....let's get that cure! Take care and have a fun weekend!

13 comments:

Vivian said...

Sounds like you are going to be busy with all the traveling. I am so glad you are feeling better and hopefully the heat will subside some to allow more living for ya. I am really sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I hope that trip will not be too difficult. Thanks for your comments on my blog, I am glad to know ya. Take care, Viv

personallog! said...

Great tune babe, I love Jamiroquai! We will get a cure one day. Remeber to drink lots of water and keep cool. Love ya
Dave

mdmhvonpa said...

107 in the Great White North!? Yesh! Take care to keep cool. Living in the basement never sounded so good!

Jaime said...

Kim,

I can't believe this heat either! I don't ever remember it being this hot when I was younger. It must be global warming or something. The AC helps....but of course that is only if I am able to stay inside. Rain sure would be nice, but it is not likely...at least not on this side of the mountains. I hope you are doing well. Take care and stay cool!

Jaime

Jaime said...

Hi Vivian,

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you and your family are doing well! It is never an easy thing to loose someone you love, we just have to hope they won't suffer when the time does come. We were fortunate that my grandpa did not suffer very much. Hopefully it is a bit cooler where you are (it was 113` here earlier). Take care.

Jaime

Jaime said...

Dave,

I would have to agree! I am a big fan of Jamiroquai. This is one of my favorites and it makes me want to get up and dance! If only, eh? I used to love to dance...one day I will again! :) Take care and stay cool.

Jaime

mdmhvonpa said...

snif ... my comments get obliviated!

It's cooled down here quite a bit, how about your neck of the woods?

Jaime said...

Sorry Mdmhvonpa if a comment got obliviated....never would have meant for that to have happened. Some times I think blogger has a mind of its own! Of course your comments are always just as valued as everyone elses! :)

Unfortunately it has not cooled off any here. It was 110` the other day and today it is supposed to be like 102 or something! Not quite as hot...but anything over about 95 feels all the same to me. If I didn't have an appointment to go to it would be a total inside day for me! I am glad you are getting a break for a bit. I hope it lasts a while!

Take care of yourself.

Jaime

Anonymous said...

Does the heat make your body tingle and twitch? lol It sure does mine! Ughhh....this blasted heat.....it makes my body do things it wouldn't normally do. Fun stuff, eh?

Glad to see you are feeling better. Thats a very good thing!

Iain Dughlais said...

Happy travels. I'm sure you will be able to enjoy every minute of it. I have been to Seattle since 2001. Nice city. Lots of good jazz clubs. :) Anywho, stay cool!
-Doug

Jaime said...

HA...Mdmhvonpa, your comment showed up! I am not sure what blogger is up to, but I am glad it showed up anyway. :) I would have to agree that living in a basement sounds like a great plan right about now...anything to cool off! I hope you are doing well. Please take care of yourself.

Jaime

Jaime said...

Suzy,
I do get a lot of muscle spasms and such from the heat. Sometimes I get very self consious because I feel like my body is shaking (almost like I am shivering..even though it is not really the same thing, after all I'm not even cold) but no one else can see me. I never thought I would be ready for summer to be over like I am this year! :) I hope you are able to keep cool. Take care.
Jaime

Jaime said...

Doug,
I wish I were able to have fun on my trips. Unfortunately some things have happened over the last couple of days with my health (see todays post) that have changed my plans. I will be heading to Seattle tomorrow and it won't be for fun. Hopefully they will figure out what is going on. It's always something with this stupid health of mine. We all have our trial, eh? I hope you are doing well. Please take care.
Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com