This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

12 Years OLD!

Boy how time flys by! I can't believe that my son is 12 today. We had his party yesterday, which was not really a party as much as it was a couple friends coming over to hang out. He is just getting to old for kids parties I guess. lol

Justin got into town on Friday, which was a present in itself. :) It is always wonderful for Nate to have his dad around. So the three kids, Justin, Katie and I went to see Unaccompanied Minors. It was not too bad. Even us adults enjoyed it. After the movie the kids decided to take a few pictures. They had one of those booths where you can get the silly pictures (the kids did the one with the Wanted label at the top and the $1,000,000 reward at the bottom). I will post it as soon as I can get it scanned. Very funny pics! Anyway, Nate's friend Markus is moving to Germany next month for a couple of years and so they wanted to get something that each kid could have as a keepsake if you will. They then all came to my house for pizza, cake, and ice cream where they were hyper but fun. Nathan is having a wonderful birthday weekend.

I am really tired...but that is to be expected. My family have been wonderful though. My parents, sister, and Justin have all really been there for me between helping out the last three weeks and then this weekend with the kids. I am not sure what I would do without all of them. It has been nice for Nathan to be able to just be a kid and enjoy his birthday without my health getting in the way of things (as I am sure you all know how that can be....pain in the butt!) I do what I can to let him have a normal childhood (considering) but there are times that he has to help and be the man of the house too....that can be hard. It has been nice to let everyone else come in and just take over for me......to take over and let him just not worry, not think about anything, but to play and just be.

I looked everywhere for the Beattles "Birthday" song and could only find a cover song....so here you go! This is for Nathan! Happy Birthday!
Birthday by The Inmates

4 comments:

personallog! said...

Happy birday Nate...Sorry its late. Look after your mum, she is a tough nut but she is your only mum you will ever have....and you are the man in the house dude!

Dave

mdmhvonpa said...

A few hard lessons up front for Nate ... I'm hoping that they are the events that will shape his life in a promising way and make him the Man you expect him to be.

Miss Chris said...

How is it that our kids grow up so fast?!

Vicki said...

A day late, but happy birthday, Nathan. Enjoy your 10th year.

Enjoy it, Jaime. It goes fast. You are going into those famous 'parent oof teenager' years. Relax and good luck.


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com