This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

My Hair....

For those of you who have been on Novantrone.....did you loose your hair? I have noticed the last few days I am loosing my hair. And, when I say that I am loosing my hair it is not like a few strands in the shower or when I brush my hair, it is massive amounts. :( This was one of the possible side effects and it was something that I was aware was a possibility, I was just hoping it would not happen.

The last time I was on a chemo drug (when I was sick before) I just lost a little bit of my hair and I seemed to loose it all from one area. The last few days I have been really tired and so I have not done a whole lot with my hair (put it up in a rubber band) and I noticed that when I took it out of the rubber band that this hand full of hair came with it. Strange I thought, but figured it was just the rubber band.....really did not want to think much more of it. Then yesterday after my shower when I was brushing out my hair I had so much hair fall out that it practically filled up my sink. The thing is that I don't have a lot of hair to begin with....so this is not good. I suppose it is all just part of the treatment though.

So, my question to all of you who have been on Novantrone before is did that happen to you? Or, is this just a rare side effect that I am being blessed with? lol, that would be my luck.

I have seen this commercial a lot and although it is not the same (and it is kind of stupid) it is how I feel....I don't think any shampoo is gonna fix my hair though.


Well, I hope you are all doing well. Take care and have a great week! :)

4 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Egads ... well, you could always get a haircut like me ... a flat-top!

Jaime said...

Hmm...don't think that would look very good on me! I think for now I will thank my lucky stars that it is not all that obvious (to anyone but me that is) and hope that is grows just as fast as it falls out. lol Then if not, there are always wigs, I suppose. That or scarves and hats. My dad told me that maybe I should just shave my head bald....yuck! Not ready for that. lol

Heather said...

At one point I was losing hair, and mine is rather thing anyways. It wasn't quite clumps, but lots and lots of strands--in the shower, when I ran my fingers through, etc. I don't know why. But if I were going to lose my hair, I'd shave my head--or do a buzz cut. Then, I'd sport fun, cute head scarves. I sound carefree about it, but I can understand it would be disheartening. I hope it stops for you and this is just a fluke.

Jaime said...

Heather,

Actually it is not as much disheartening as it is just kind of a bummer because I know I won't look good if I loose it all....fortunately that it is not that noticable right now! I am with you on the idea of the cute scarves and hats though...I have even mentioned that I think the idea of wigs just might be fun! I figure there are so many worse things that can happen to us and besides having a good hair day every day...in the color and style of our choice...well that can't be too bad, right? I am hoping it won't get to that though...and I am not really loosing that much hair, really, it just feels that way when I brush my hair and/take a shower. Strange what these meds can do to a person, isn't it?! I hope you are doing well. Take care.

Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com